Human Resources Coordinator
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: People Learning and Performance
Based in: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Benefits & Compensation Manager
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
A Bit About the People Learning and Performance Team
We're seeking a self-motivated and creative Coordinator to join PSI's People Learning & Performance team. The values that guide our work are playful professionalism, innovative thinking, the desire to provide the highest level of quality and service to our internal clients, make an impact, and keep it real. We've been dubbed 'the problem-solvers of PSI' – a name we're proud of. So, if you love a good challenge, and care about making a difference both big and small, read on!
Sound like you? Read on.
- Ensure compliance of all new hires by completing Patriot Act/Bridger process
- Monitor background check request completion for new hires
- Assemble orientation and training materials for Employee entry/transfer (New Hire binders, welcome kits, etc.)
- Prepare and send out offer letter, transfers, employment agreements, TOP's, benefit information, visa check list, and other onboarding documents for all new hires
- Responsible for the preparation of al letters, which include: promotions, salary increases, transfers, supervisor changes, TOP extensions, allowances and amendments.
- Serve as first point of contact for inquiries from domestic and international employees on new hire onboarding documents.
- Verify I-9 documentation at time of hire
- Conduct quarterly I-9 reports and annual audit
HRIS & HR Administration
- Responsible for accuracy & reliability of HRIS data
- Ensure all necessary and relevant data is captured in HRIS system
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing
- Provide reports from LBI and Lawson on request from departments
- Maintain personnel and benefits files and departmental folders
- Conduct annual audits of personnel files
- Complete request for verification of employment
- Process internal and external employment verifications
- Coordinate weekly Ops & BP meetings (HR & BP's) with calendar invites; take minutes and distribute
- Process relocation reimbursements
- Assist in internal and external department file audits as needed
- Maintain Non-US Citizen & dependent SSN's and provide to BP's
- Responsible for maintaining the HR and Benefits SharePoint page
- Process and track all HR invoices and coordinate with departmental budget manager as needed.
- Credit card reconciliation
- Perform necessary research, compile data, reports for Business Partners
- Serve a back stopper to HR Operations Specialist(s)
- Manage People Inbox
- Back up to Recruitment Coordinator
- Provide logistical support for HR related trainings
- Update HRIS /Internal database to track attendees
Benefits & Compensation
- Process FOND eligibility for new hires and separated employees
- ISOS and Cigna EAP communication
- Assist with annual performance reviews process
- Perform annual self-identification process
- Provide International employees with ID cards
- Schedule and organize company events to include training sessions and employee morale events (Fun day, Halloween, Open Enrollment, Holiday Party, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned and special projects as required
- Providing support to BP and Operations unit on an as-needed basis
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business administration, human resources, international relations, or other related fields.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience; a passion for Human Resources and Operations and plus.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with Word, Excel and SharePoint. Experience with HRIS-based software/applications required, Lawson proficiency is strongly preferred.
- You have a desire to learn, work hard, and be part of a fast-moving team.
- Ability to anticipate departmental needs, use your creativity to problem-solve and tackle problems with enthusiasm, have excellent attention to detail, and approach tasks with innovative thinking.
- A keen sense of urgency and strong work ethic, positive mindset, and comfort with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic and bureaucratic environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. You're great about proactively reaching out to others to offer your support.
- A 'People-First' mindset, prompt, reliable, considerate and have great attention to detail. Excellent organizational and analytical skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and most importantly the ability to maintain complete confidentiality of all information.
- Experience working in an NGO or donor funded organization preferred.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to work and maintain confidential information in a discreet and professional manner; the ability to manage large workloads; excellent organizational skills, with special attention to detail; exceptional communication skills, and polished presentation manner; willingness to take initiative, anticipate needs and problem solve; ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant and helpful attitude; and sound judgement and reliability.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Mid level
- Human Resources
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-06-01