Consultancy to develop a MEL Framework for GenCap and ProCap
The objective of this consultancy is to design and establish a monitoring evaluation and learning (MEL) framework focused on measuring the GenCap and ProCap projects’ performance and impact, in alignment with the 2018-2021 ProCap GenCap Strategic Framework and related strategic plans that are being developed (trainings, recruitment and roster management, fundraising, advocacy)
A MEL framework will be developed building upon the objectives, vision and mission outlined in the projects’ strategic framework, to support its implementation and monitoring and to measure the efficiency, effectiveness, relevance, impact and sustainability of the projects.
The consultant(s) will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Methodology and work plan outlining the program of work of this consultancy;
- A summary report with the findings as well as recommendations to enable the implementation of the new MEL framework;
- An MEL Framework with indicators, templates and tools for each project;
- An oral presentation to key stakeholders
- Training in the MEL Framework and Tools for project deployees/roster members and staff;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in organizational performance monitoring
- Demonstrable experience in developing monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks for gender and protection-related projects and programmes.
- Proven capacity for analysis of complex, cross-sector programmes.
- Practical development programme experience and understanding of field realities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of surge/standby mechanisms
- Knowledge of the UN humanitarian structure
- Duration: 45 days over three months
- Duty station: Homebased with some travels to Oslo and Geneva (travels will be covered by NRC)
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport
- Please attach the following:
- A technical proposal with suggested approach, timeline, and itemized budget. Applicants should include all costs including in-country data collection costs. This is inclusive of VAT or any other tax responsibility. Evaluators registered outside of Norway should note that the VAT element (20%) will be paid directly by NRC to the Norwegian tax authorities and therefore will not form part of their payment
- Examples or links to similar work /evaluation reports
- The names of at least 2 previous clients to contact for references.
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates