Senior Communications Assistant
Under the supervision of the National Deputy Spokesperson, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Communications - Act as liaison to Serbian-language media, prepare responses to media inquiries and interview requests - Identifies important projects/activities and turn them into stories, press releases, other information material - Help maintain social media channel by creating and publishing content - Help organize various meetings, briefings; conferences
2. Translation - Assist the Spokesperson/Deputy Spokesperson in press briefings, interviews and all media-related responsibilities - Serve as the Serbian translator for the Office and primary Serbian translator for the Department of the Head of Mission; translate media products and ensure their quality - Monitor the Serbian-language media and produce news summaries
3. Administrative - Disseminate information about Mission activities to media, partners and other key audiences; - Maintain up-to-date lists of key Serbian language media interlocutors. - Helps with administrative and other duties as required.
4. Perform other duties as required
- Secondary School supplemented by studies formal training courses in journalism or languages.
- At least six years of experience working in communications, preferably in an international organization.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications; familiarity with video editing/production skills is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local languages, primarily Serbian
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,212.58 Euro. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
- Organization: OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- Location: Pristina (Kosovo)
- Grade: G-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-05-30