Re-advertisement: Administrative Assistant (Turkish Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women in Turkey is working to strengthen refugee women and girls and their access to opportunities, rights and services, as required by international treaties and national legislation. “Strengthening the Resilience of Syrian Women and Girls and Host Communities in Iraq, Jordan and Turkey” is an integrated programme that targets both displaced Syrian women and girls and host-country nationals across Iraq, Jordan and Turkey. The programme works through a multi-dimensional strategy that will: i) enable women’s empowerment through addressing issues of economic vulnerability and violence by increased access to recovery and livelihood opportunities, paired with comprehensive protection services and support to national justice structures to promote accountability for violence against women, and ii) promote a culture of peace and co-existence through supporting women to lead and engage in peacebuilding, reconciliation and conflict prevention. Bearing in mind the importance of involving men in work on gender equality and women’s empowerment, the programme will engage men as partners, champions and advocates for women’s increased empowerment, including their engagement in the labour market.
Under the general guidance of the Country Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the Operations Analyst, is responsible for the day-to-day of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
· Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
· Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
· Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
· Provide administrative support to property management;
· Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
· Provide general procurement process support for the office
· Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects;
· Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
· Draft Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
· Perform Buyer role in Atlas, prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
· Collect and process information and documentation on Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation, travel agencies and other administrative services;
· Arrange travel and hotal arrangements for staff and visitors
· Draft submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
· Provide administrative support to office and assets management
· Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
· Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
· Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
· Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders;
· Prepare Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
· Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services
· Provide administrative support in in HR services such as vacancy announcement, compilations of matrixes, organizing interview panels etc.
· Maintain staffing lists as required.
· Perform the duties of Leave Monitor. Daily monitor attendance and leave records of CO staff. Control the project personnel attendance records and leave plans;
· Input, track and maintain a proper filing system related to recruitment, contracts, and leave records of personnel including renewal of contracts, promotions, terminations, reclassification, and changes in pay grade. Keep personnel files orderly, securely and up-to-date.
· Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
· Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
· Participate in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
· Quality support to conferences and events;
· Quality organization of files and reports;
· Timely support to team.
· Respect for Diversity
· Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
· Creative Problem Solving
· Effective Communication
· Inclusive Collaboration
· Stakeholder Engagement
· Leading by Example
· Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
· Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
· Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
· Good IT and web based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
· Completion of secondary education , preferably with specialized certification or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields is required.
· 5 years of experience with high school degree or 2 years of relevant professional experience with Bachelor’s Degree, in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
· Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
· Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.