At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
In order to fulfil its role as a European centre and as a member of the world-wide community of scientific institutes, CERN offers the use of its research facilities to a certain number of established experienced scientists to participate in its programmes covering experimental and theoretical particle physics, as well as various related activities in applied physics, electronics, computing and engineering.
In order to qualify for a position as a Scientific Associate you must remain employed by your home institute during your appointment at CERN and should have at least a working knowledge of English or French.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An initial contract of association of up to one year, renewable up to 2 years.
- A subsistence allowance based on seniority, between 6,293 and 8,913 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- A family supplement depending on your individual circumstances;
- Authorised absences provided your contract of association lasts at least 4 months;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses depending on your individual circumstances.
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV;
- A list of publications;
- Three letters of recommendation.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.
- Organization: CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Mid level - Only open to Nationals of all CERN Member States and Associate Member States
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date: 2018-09-16