UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Through the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok and a number of country and multi-country offices as well as programme presences across the region, UN Women builds on a long history of support to governments, civil society and other actors to promote gender equality and empower all women and girls. We stand behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas: addressing gender perspectives in intergovernmental processes; women’s political participation and leadership; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; ending violence against women and girls; and promoting women’s participation in peace and security and humanitarian action.
Reporting to Procurement and Administrative Associate, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administration and operations support to the ROAP and Project Offices in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies:
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary.
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes:
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
Organize logistics services:
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Develop and maintain database and filing system for Lease Agreements and MOUs on Common Premises and Common Services and monitor their expiry dates and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for timely actions and renewal;
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Facilitate and provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide substantive input and support to the development training materials, webinars and other education materials;
- Organize trainings for the operations/project staff on Administration and Procurement;
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration and procurement.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:• Completion of secondary education is required;• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
Experience:• At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);• Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
Language Requirements:• Fluency in English and Thai is required;• Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.