SURGE CAPACITY ROSTER: Sexual Reproductive Health Programming
Multiple locations (Various)
The UNFPA’s Global Emergency (Surge) Roster contains the various profiles needed in emergency and humanitarian situations. In the event of an onset of an emergency or humanitarian crisis, candidates who are on the Roster will be deployed to the affected country (or countries) within 48 - 72 hours. Candidates selected for the Surge Roster will be invited to attend a workshop and simulation exercise and will be given access to training to augment the effectiveness of the Surge team members.
The incumbent will be responsible to promote Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in crises, recovery and post crises situations; facilitates the procurement and delivery of emergency medical supplies and equipment; orients on SRH related issues (including reproductive, maternal and new-born health, family planning information and services, STIs and HIV prevention, care and treatment, and care for survivors of sexual violence). Also Coordinates, and actively participates in health coordination meetings, and assists in resource mobilization, establishing relevant partnerships with other humanitarian stakeholders, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), donors and government counterparts. When the situation stabilizes, guides on the establishment of comprehensive SRH services.
Education and qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Medicine, Public Health, or relevant Social Sciences;
- 5-10 years on Integrated SRH programme development and management and preferably in an emergency context (e.g. implementation of the MISP);
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response;
- Ability to develop and coordinate Integrated SRH and/programmes that target adolescent refugees, IDPs/returnees and their host communities;
- Proficiency in English and in other official languages or the UN is required/desirable.