UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women Multi-Country Office (MCO) for the Maghreb works in Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, and is based in Rabat, Morocco. UN Women Maghreb MCO focuses its activities on 3 areas of intervention:
- Women Political Participation (WPP) and Gender-Responsive Public Governance;
- Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) and Access to Decent and Stable Income;
- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG).
Reporting to the Programme Coordinator, the Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification: