Health Specialist (EPI, NOC, TA); Cox's Bazar (Only for Bangladeshi)
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
Under the supervision and the technical oversight of the Health Specialist, Team lead, Cox’s Bazaar, and with further technical guidance form the Health Specialist Immunization in Dhaka, the incumbent will support the immunization program in Cox’s Bazar for the refugees and the host community, in close collaboration with partners on the ground.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose of the post: Under the supervision and the technical oversight of the Health Specialist, Team lead, Cox’s Bazaar, and with further technical guidance form the Health Specialist Immunization in Dhaka, the incumbent will support the immunization program in Cox’s Bazar for the refugees and the host community, in close collaboration with partners on the ground.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the activities with partners on the ground (CS office and UH&FPO), WHO, MSF, other partners and participate in various EPI interagency working groups
- Coordinate with BCO and National level EPI team to ensure appropriate and timely implementation of emergency responses
- Provide Technical support in quality micro-planning, monitoring and supervising the SIAs and Routine Immunization to ensure all children and pregnant women are vaccinated as per plan
- Support capacity Building and supportive supervision of service providers for immunization with particular attention to adherence to guidelines
- Guide and Participate in the immunization campaigns micro planning and supervise & monitor its implementation
- Monitor EPI RI sessions and ensure all antigens given as per calendar, safe injections and AEFI monitoring is established as per guidelines.
- Review the cold chain needs, as per government guidance and plan for expansion of the cold chain as required and monitor deployment of UNICEF provided supplies for the cold chain and vaccines
- Support in coordination with the C4D team the development of adequate IEC materials and the training of different volunteers and CHWs networks to build their capacity in counseling and mobilization of beneficiaries for immunization and setting up community structures for active defaulter tracing and mobilization of children and women for immunization.
- Support field monitoring team of UNICEF in the settlements and as requested provide data for the monitoring and for donors and regular emergency reports as well as plan including inputs to donor proposals related to UNICEF support in immunization;
- Support reporting and monitoring of the immunization related UNICEF interventions through the HMIS and through the UNICEF emergency reporting
- Support emergency preparedness plan and its implementation monitoring in case of floods or cyclone (as mobile teams, AWD management…)
- UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
- Certifies disbursements of funds, ensuring those activities are within established plans of action and programme budget allotments. Monitors the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Ensures the timely preparation of annual sector status reports in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures
- Participates in evaluation exercises, programme review and sector review. Analyses and assesses data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommends corrective measures as appropriate
- Guide and coach in the field the short-term immunization consultants
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the team-lead
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: A University Degree in medicine, public health, health research, health policy and/or management, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required. Training in health care in complex emergencies is an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in public health planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, newborn and child health program particularly work experience on quality improvement and quality assurance. Working experience and familiarity with the quality improvement programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, international organization or any other agencies will be an asset. Preference would be given to candidates who has knowledge and experiences of implementation and monitoring of different QI approaches like Total Quality Management, PDCA approach, EMEN etc. within the government health system of Bangladesh.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
i) Core Values (Required)
Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
Communication (II), working with people (II), drive for results (II)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Formulating strategies and concepts (II), analyzing (III), applying technical expertise (III), learning and researching (II), planning and organizing (II), deciding and Initiating Action (II),
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Closing Date: 2018-06-12