Project Assistant / Livelihood (Market Mapping and Analysis Unit)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
DRC’s livelihoods programming aims to build the capacities and assets of vulnerable Syrian and host community individuals to enhance their social and economic self-reliance. Programme activities include; counselling, provision of transferrable skills, vocational skills training, job referrals and/or provision of home-based small business grants.
The Project Assistant is a member of the Market Mapping and Analysis Unit (MMAU) which supports livelihood interventions through the collection, analysis and provision of updated technical inputs about market opportunities and dynamics. The position requires day to day support to the MMAU activities as detailed below.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have; Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, economics, data management, and/or other relevant fields. Experience administration, data management, reporting. High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Experience with the Private sector. An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region. At least 1 years of relevant professional experience in line with tasks described in this TOR.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Support the MMAU members to coordinate the day to day management of activities including timely implementation as per donors and country rules and regulations.
- Prepare and disseminate accurate and reliable reports in close coordination with the other MMAU members as well as with the local implementing partners, service providers, and private sector’s actors (etc.).
- As required, work together with the administrative and finance team.
Networking and external relations and knowledge management
- In close coordination with the Market Mapping and Analysis Officers, support maintaining an up-to-date mapping and analysis of sectors’ value chains including main private and public players.
- Collecting information with DRC staff and local partners.
- Analysing and developing: reports / internal communication tools (such as short lessons learned reports) etc.
- Sharing relevant data and information for proposal development.
- Given that the implementation is in the different ‘areas’ and ‘bases’, the project assistant should play a key role in ensuring efficient management of data, harmonisation and sharing.
MMAU activities Implementation and Planning functions
- Support the coordination of the MMAU’s activities implementation as per the work plan and ensure that execution is consistent with objectives/outcomes.
- Prepare inputs and regular updates of work plans, action plans, calendar of events etc.
- Participate in field visit as requested.
- Participate in internal evaluation of the MMAU’s activities.
- Collect up-to-date information about Buy4Impact and StepUp outcomes and regularly share with the MMAU’s members.
- Lead the preparation of MMAU meetings/visits/events and contribute to all aspects of development of progress reports and other documentation as required
Any other duties as directed by the Livelihood Programme Coordinator
- English (fluent)
- Arabic (asset)
- Turkish (fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Start date: 01.07.2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19.06.2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Antakya (Turkey)
- Grade: Junior
- Project and Programme Management
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Administrative support
- Trade and Development
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31