Anesthetist Red Cross Emergency Hospital, Rubber Garden, Bangladesh
Duties & Responsibilities
- To cover the need of the hospital as an anesthetist in both emergency and elected surgery.
- Apply medical intervention in a timely manner without delay, which gives the patient a chance to escape.
- Monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications.
- Record type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout procedure.
- Provide and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
- Implement advanced life support techniques.
- Prepare patients physically for medical procedures.
- Administer anesthetic or sedation during medical procedures, using local, intravenous, spinal, or caudal methods.
- Administer anesthetics or sedatives to control pain.
- Examine patient, obtain medical history, and use diagnostic tests to determine risk during surgical, obstetrical, and other medical procedures.
- Position patient on operating table to maximize patient comfort and surgical accessibility. Coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Decide when patients have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent to another room or ward or to be sent home following outpatient surgery.
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic procedures.
- Manage anesthesiology services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
Schedule and maintain use of the surgical suite, including operating, wash-up, waiting rooms, and anesthetic and sterilizing equipment. Authorities
The examination and evaluation of patients who are candidates for surgery.
Follow up patients before, during, and after surgery.
The management of critical cases in an emergency which requires medical intervention in a way that will save the lives of patients.
Writing his report within the surgical and emergency work report.
Education, Experience & Training
- Certificate in general medicine and a certificate in anesthesia.
- Good experience with CPR
- At least two years of practical experience as an anesthesiologist at a hospital.
- Fluent English Speaker.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to work in a team
- High communication skills.
- Bearing work pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Spirit of responsibility towards patients and dedication to work
Duration of contract:
3 months which can be extended for 3 more months.
If you believe that your qualifications meet the requirement of the position above, kindly submit your application using the links below:
Please note that the position might be filled before the A\M deadline date and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Red Crescent - Qatar
- Location: Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Medical Practitioners
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2018-06-20