Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
About the job
The Protection Assistant’s primary function is to ensure quality project implementation of Case Management services and implement case management responses in the field. He/she will contribute to the protection team’s work towards ensuring the full respect for the rights of individuals and ensure that individuals harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by engagement with community structures, conducting assessments, actions plans, direct services provision, referrals and follow up.
- Conduct monitoring visits and assess the needs and provide support to vulnerable individuals.
- Carry out protection monitoring activities and data collection on protection issues.
- She/he in collaboration with community case workers will conduct all steps of the case management process: case intake, assessment and engagement, case planning, supported referrals, developing practical skills, case review, building client capacity.
- Ensure updated filing and documentation of protection cases in line with UNHCR and DRC standard tools.
- Input the information in the DRC databases on a daily/weekly basis
- Directly communicate effectively with other caseworkers and service providers as part of conducting individual case management.
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level.
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Assist the protection team in the provision of technical support to protection community structures and local stakeholders
- Carry out outreach and awareness raising activities in communities promoting the refugee law on the rights of refugees and other thematic areas.
- Make sure that all protection interventions adhere to protection standards and principles as well as DRC guidelines and accountability standards
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Protection related projects and interventions in area of jurisdiction
- In collaboration with the Protection Officer, proactively contribute to quality and timely writing of weekly and monthly reports
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability.
Staff development and management
- Conduct daily field visits to support protection case workers and protection community structures - mentoring - through technical back stopping
Support management team to:
- Follow up all DRC / DDG Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be flexible and proactive in engaging with existing and potential programming in a changing operational context.
As this is an emergency start-up for DRC Bangladesh; flexibility in deployment locations and ToR changes is essential.
Moreover, we also expect the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of two - three years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with Refugees operation
- Preferable experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word)
- Ability to communicate in Bangla/Chittagonian and Rohingya.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Designation of Duty Station: Ukhia, Cox Bazar
Start date: 1 July 2018
Salary: BDT. 39,530/-
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications must be submitted through the below link by clicking apply. Applications submitted by email will not be considered. Please don’t submit hard copy. Hard copy is not allowed.
Closing date for applications: 12/06/2018 Due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-11