Protection Team Lead
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
About the job
Duties and Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities below may be modified, reaffirmed and/or reprioritized as per the operational needs.
- Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and DRC regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans.
- Work with Protection Manager to ensure that the protection program is well documented and that the institutional memory of DRC Bangladesh is preserved.
- Provide technical guidance to protection team to support program implementation
- Regular coordination and liaison with UNHCR protection unit, RRRC and DRC site management and coordination units and other relevant humanitarian partners in the field, contributing to shaping the overall protection strategy of the operation/response
- Assist in the representation of DRC in meetings relevant to DRC’s work in Bangladesh, including at meetings with partners, government officials and sector/coordination meetings.
- Ensure DRC’s mandate is known and correctly understood by all stakeholders.
- Pro-actively liaise and build good rapport with displaced community representational structures, local authority officials, community representatives, and any other relevant stakeholders.
- Support the roll out of the DRC Bangladesh protection sector strategy and its integration into the DRC Bangladesh program strategy and the response as a whole.
- Ensure regular and critical review of the protection strategy.
Donor Relations / Funding
- Represent the organization with implementing partners, government, and donor entities. Contribute to DRC Bangladesh’s fundraising strategy and help build strong relationships with donors to ensure predictable funding for DRC’s protection programming in Bangladesh.
- Monitor developments and determine strategic opportunities related to the protection sectors.
- Ensure that high quality, integrated, and needs-based proposals are developed and according to DRC Bangladesh priorities as identified in its country strategic planning.
Administration: Finances, Human Resources, and Logistics
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback to program staff regarding their performance, including annual staff performance appraisals. Identify with protection staff their needs and opportunities for professional development.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Reporting
- Include the participation of beneficiaries and communities, particularly those most vulnerable or at-risk, in all stages of the project cycle where appropriate.
- Ensure that all protection activities are included in project M&E plans and supervise the implementation.
- Ensure key lessons learned are incorporated in new protection project proposals.
- Strengthen accountability activities for protection, ensuring that feedback from all relevant stakeholders is considered in protection programming design.
- Contribute to drafting of project reports, leading on any protection sector inputs.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be flexible and proactive in engaging with existing and potential programming in a changing operational context. Willing and able to work 90% of the time in the field - camp and communities.
Moreover, we also expect the following Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree with advanced training/courses either in Law, Social Work, or other closely related professional fields; A degree in International relations or development will be considered if accompanied with directly related experience in humanitarian protection work
- An excellent professional track record with a minimum of 2 years of work experience, technical knowledge. Experience in working in displacement contexts would be an asset.
- Excellent English and Bengali writing ability and verbal skills for project proposals, reports, and communications; additional language skills an asset
- Successful track record in initiating, cultivating, and securing support from donors and partners
- M&E knowledge and experience, including understanding of conducting assessments and analysing data
- The selected candidate must have demonstrated ability to think strategically, prioritize, and meet deadlines; must be culturally sensitive.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: BDT. 80,030/-
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications must be submitted through the below link by clicking apply. Applications submitted by email will not be considered. Please don’t submit hard copy. Hard copy is not allowed.
Closing date for applications: 12/06/2018 Due to the urgence of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates invited to test/interview.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Managerial positions
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-19