Senior Case Worker Assistant/GBV (National Contract)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
Providing case management interventions with women, girls, men and boys at risk of or survivors of gender-based violence.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Provide case management services through high quality and confidential interventions in line with minimum standards for service provision and DRC’s case management SOPs. This will include assessment of needs, development of an action plan for recovery, development of a safety plan when needed, conducting referrals to relevant services, implementing the action plan and ensuring appropriate follow up and case closure when appropriate.
• Provide age-appropriate counseling for vulnerable adolescent girls and children through the implementation of tools developed for caring for child survivors and in the best interest of the child.
• Ensure the utmost confidentiality of case management data and information throughout the case management process; including protection referrals
• Provide emotional support group sessions to women and girls at risk of or survivors of gender based violence in compliance with best-practice and DRC’s guidelines
• Participate in regular supervisory meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care and appropriate case management
• Receive referrals from different agencies, develop an action plan and appropriate response to each case. Ensure that informed consent/assent is taken before opening a case, and prioritize intervention according to risk level, assess received cases and take immediate action to address urgent situations
• Send referrals to relevant agencies through the referral pathway and according to the action plan developed with the survivor, attend case conferences with relevant key actors when needed, while ensuring a survivor-centered approach
• Raise gaps in GBV response services and referral protocols to the Case Management Officer and Protection Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a bachelor in Social work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• 1 to 3 years of experience in counseling survivors of gender-based violence
• Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings
• Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon
• Excellent knowledge of GBV and CP case management principles
• Excellent knowledge of the negative impacts of early marriage on the individual, family and community level
• Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills
• 2 to 3 years of experience as a GBV or a child protection caseworker
• Master degree in gender studies, social work and/or psychology
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: until 31 March 2019
Monthly Basic Salary: 1450 USD
Duty Station: Akkar
Start date: July 2018
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Akkar (Lebanon)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Gender-based violence
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05