Field Finance Director
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
Title Field Finance Director
Based in Washington, D.C.
Up to 25% international travel
Reports to Vice President, Finance
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI is looking for an experienced leader to join us as the Director of Field Finance to work with the Vice President Finance in ensuring that we have appropriate finance oversight and support provided to our country, regional and centrally funded program teams.
We are looking for a finance leader with experience in performing monthly project/program financial performance reviews, who can work with our experienced finance professionals to bring a holistic approach to financial oversight that incorporates project performance, Balance Sheet, cash flow, audit and technical accounting support.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide finance and accounting expertise and leadership to PSI's overseas operations;
- Supervise the Field Finance team in providing oversight, support, guidance, training and monitoring of financial performance and management for PSI's overseas operations and projects.
- Direct the redesign, development and implementation of the financial analysis and monitoring finance performance of PSI country operations and projects;
- Supervise the monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial performance monitoring of PSI's country operations and projects;
- Ensure that ongoing issues, challenges and risks are appropriately escalated;
- Supervise the Field Finance team in the recruitment and onboarding of finance leadership positions in PSI country offices and programs;
- Supervise the redesign, development, and implementation of financial management training for PSI's financial and program staff;
- Collaborate with the PSI Controller in the development, communication and implementation of PSI's Global Accounting Policies and Procedures, including development of appropriate procedural guidance and toolkits to support PSI's overseas operations in implementation.
- Recruit, train, and manage a diverse and talented staff to deliver exceptional service to the organization.
- Provide support and guidance to member organizations in the implementation of PSI's Global Internal Audit findings on financial and accounting issues.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional service and timely response on all questions related to overseas accounting and financial management and ensure consistently high levels of interaction and teamwork between overseas and domestic finance teams.
- Assist in identifying process and system efficiencies.
- Provide ad hoc financial reporting for existing business.
- Support field and the Controller group during field audits and audit resolution.
- Ad hoc support on projects, technical accounting and implementation issues as necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting, CPA, CIMA or equivalent;
- At least 12 years professional experience, including working with international operations;
- Proven experience in staff supervision.
- Experience with large ERP systems, such as Infor Lawson, as well as knowledge of QuickBooks preferred;
- Strong financial analysis and excel skills;
- Strong accounting knowledge, analytical/problem solving skills, creativity and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and effectively promote the PSI's mission, values, and objectives.
- Ability to identify financial, operational and compliance risks, and to develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- In depth knowledge of accounting principles, finance and funder regulations (especially USG, Global Fund, DFID).
- Excellent organizational skills and strong customer service focus and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- French or Spanish language skills desired.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25%.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B.PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Level not specified
- Banking and Finance
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-07