Reporting and Analysis Manager
Reports to (role)
- Head of Division or Unit in HQ, Team leader Métier at SSC (leader of the group of Data Management staff in SSC - see DM Model)
The Functional Data Analyst 2 understands the strategic analytical needs of the department/division and supports decision making processes with data and analytics to enable the department/division leadership to make evidence-based decisions. In addition to support to decision-making, s/he contributes to strengthening functional area programing and performance management processes by developing Key Performance Indicator measures and actionable analysis.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
- Is accountable for creating high quality, actionable strategic analysis/reports on a recurring and ad hoc basis using internal and external data, to enable evidence-based decision-making at the department/division level.
- Assists department/division in reflecting on their performance measures, management concerns and improvements in the functional area of expertise and provides ongoing support with data and analysis.
- Contributes to the reporting and analysis for the institutional strategy and performance monitoring.
- Contributes to the development of the data model and usage of the referential data that supports analysis.
- Assists in developing & applying data quality monitoring tools (dashboards etc) and contributes to driving the data quality.
- Manages the life-cycle of dashboarding objects (validation, publishing, consistency, maintenance, deletion) and the Dashboarding Content Catalogue.
- Supports and contributes to the definition of best practices for data and analytics, development of standards, guidelines and templates and continuous improvement measures.
- Ensures compliance with established internal and external needs and regulations.
- Ensures that information needs at the senior management level are supported by the new changes generated by transactional tools, and verify that Master Data Management issues, including the dimensions and structure of data marts are compatible with these needs.
- Contributes to the definition of the overall testing strategy for the Information Systems. Executes testing of data, reporting and analytical reports (functional and/or UAT).
- May supervise a team of analysts.
People management responsibilities
Scope & Impact
- Strategic impact of role within specific functional area.
- Global remit for specific functional area.
- Internally, interacts with Heads of Division and Unit, Heads of reporting and statistical units, Master Data Management Group, Business Intelligence Group.
- Externally, interacts with organisations that provide external data, in coordination with CIM_CORP_TRAK.
Certifications / Education required
- Advanced university degree preferably in business administration, finance or economics; specialized training in performance management systems and measurement approaches an asset.
- Fluent in English. French an asset.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience required
- At least 7 years of practical, hands-on professional experience in management, economic or financial analysis or consulting.
- Thorough understanding of cross-métier data and measures.
- At ease in working with data, including data modelling, with an ability to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: resident
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Communication and Public Information
- Documentation and Information Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-16