Under the overall authority of the Chief of Staff and the direct supervision of the Coordination Officer in the office of the Director-General, the incumbent is responsible for providing secretarial, administrative and logistical assistance in the Director-General’s Secretariat, in liaison with the Director-General's Executive Assistant. S/he will\:
- Receive telephone calls, respond to enquiries as appropriate, provide basic information concerning the Director-General's programme activities and relay important messages promptly; ensure liaison with Permanent Delegations, UN agencies, external/partner organizations and the different Sectors in UNESCO.
- Perform office functions including photocopy and compilation of background information and documents for the Director- General’s briefings.
- Maintain and update the filing and retrieval systems (electronic and print form) in the Secretariat of the Director-General, according to the rules issued by the Archives and Records Management Unit and maintain and update databases for the Director-General's Secretariat.
- Assist with the organization of travel and mission arrangements for the Director-General as appropriate, and also the Schedule appointments. for the Director -General, as appropriate.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational education
Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in secretarial or administrative tasks. in an international environment.
Experience in liaising/communicating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including high-level officials, and members of a Directorate.
Knowledge of UNESCO and its rules, procedures and operations, Field Offices, Permanent Delegations and representatives to the Governing Bodies.
Good organizational and coordination skills.
Excellent inter-personal skills with capacity to interact and deal efficiently and tactfully with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (Member States, the United Nations, National Commissions, private institutions), at all levels .
Reliability with ability to take initiatives and to provide quality and timely support and services to the Secretariat of the Director-General, staff in the Directorate and other Sectors/Bureaus within UNESCO.
Ability to work effectively under pressure and flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities, to manage high volumes of work and to meet tight deadlines; Rigorous, capacity for accuracy and attention to detail.
Ethics, integrity, confidentiality, discretion and good sense of judgement. Good posture, professional maturity, political astuteness and client-oriented with capacity to convey a positive image of the Organization to external partners.
Ability to collect and present information, communicate e-mail information, archive files, maintain databases and to use electronic agendas.Excellent IT skills (MS Office);
Excellent knowledge of English or French with good knowledge of the other language.
- Organization: UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Location: Paris (France)
- Grade: G-3, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25