Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Title: Communications Intern
Location: Addis Ababa with some field travel
Reports to: Grants and Projects Coordinator
Start of Contract & Duration: 4 months with possibility of extension depending on availability of funds
Posting date: June 12 ,2018
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Support and maintain the organization’s internal and external communications and visibility initiatives in compliance with donors and DRC policies and priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assist the field teams to ensure compliance with donor visibility requirements.
- In collaboration with the various field teams, coordinate and lead the development and procurement of visibility materials.
- In collaboration with the field team, collect case stories, human interest stories, project facts and other context relevant information for communication purpose.
- Develop communication materials, including social media posts, articles, short videos and photo series.
- Participate in reviewing and editing information, education and communication materials as well as internal reports and research pieces.
- Collect and compile program information for an internal newsletter and facts sheets.
- Participate in field visits to conduct interviews and take photos for internal and external communications pieces.
- At least 6 months of relevant academic experience required. Additional professional experience an added value.
- BA Degree in communications, journalism, language and linguistic, literature or related field
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
BA Degree in communications, journalism, language and linguistic, literature or related field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than June 17, 2018.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit. It is DRC policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Grade: Internship
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-01