Logistics Officer (Fleet Systems Manager) P3
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP owns a fleet of 785 trucks, 3,000 light vehicles, and 1,000 generators globally. The WFP Corporate Fleet Management System (FMS), “FleetWave”, is an online analytical and operational tool used by the WFP Country Offices. FMS aims to optimize fleet operation through operational and financial management tools; more specifically through inventory management, support to day-to-day operational decision making and monitoring of cost performance by presenting Key Performance Indicators (KPI) dashboards and reports.
The Global Fleet Management Team, part of the Supply Chain Division, is managing the system centrally, providing support and guidance to Country Offices for the operation of their truck fleets, maintaining and developing the system and liaising with the commercial developers, so that globally WFP can achieve higher efficiency in the operation of its fleets. This team also works closely with the Administration and Travel Branch in identifying improvements and system developments for FMS to benefit the running of WFP’s light vehicle fleet and generators.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Managing WFP’s FMS’ stability, providing support to WFP Country Offices;
- Provide global quality control through the analysis of data recorded by Country Offices on daily basis and following up with Country Offices when anomalies are found;
- Assist Country Offices with stable system operation, including troubleshooting online systems errors;
- Manage, constantly monitor, and further develop an ESCROW (together with WFP IT Division) of the online system, to protect and continuous back up of the FMS code and its data;
- Maintain the online system and develop new fleet management query-features to ensure valid KPIs;
- FMS System Development/programming in according to the specific fleet management needs (requests from Senior Management and Country Offices), manage stability and quality of the online applications and consequently programme the system to produce fleet management reports for circulation;
- Maintain existing SQL programme in accordance with the unit’s and users’ needs;
- Innovate and test new online applications, creating and using the scenarios from WFP operations, liaising with the commercial developer, making sure they meet the needs of the users before rolling them out, ensuring stable system operation;
- Streamline fleet spare part management, governing and technically support Country Offices with the inventory barcode system linked to FMS, facilitating stock inventory checks, ensuring accurate data recording subsequently used to produce the reports on re-order levels and excessive stocks;
- Manage and develop invoicing tools in FMS for the unit’s/Country Office service provision to external/internal parties, for fuel, maintenance, and transport services;
- Develop/programme the automatized link between FMS and the GPS/GPRS tracking system;
- Manage the governance of the online system through constant development of user manual/training materials and manage the unit’s on/off-site trainings to the Country Offices;
- Design KPI reports in Fleetwave, programme it to dashboards/ evaluation graphs, using SQL, and with the commercial entity developers through developed business needs;
- Benchmark and analyse existing KPI graphs, statistical data, design new for the needs of global fleet reports, fundraising and public information;
- Verify data/source code of FleetWave with the ESCROW to ensure business continuity;
- Develop automated reporting tools, connect the system with related systems and develop the artificial intelligence systems reading KPIs and dashboards/graphs for different managers levels;
- Gather business requirements from the users, compile it into the business requirement for tendering developments of the system;
- Develop scenarios and conduct User Acceptance /Pilot Tests before rolling out the new applications;
- Work on development of the mobile phone application interface of the fleet systems.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese (French is the preferred second official UN language for this position).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Operational Fleet Management;
- Extensive experience in the use, development and customization of corporate fleet management systems;
- Expertise in developing, testing and rolling out online business management technology tools;
- Experience with vehicle tracking systems;
- Certification(s)/ attendance on fleet management trainings, forums or institutes;
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Programmatic skills for online SQL systems development;
- Proven ability to develop high-quality fleet management business reports and presentations using graphics and SQL;
- Combination of IT and fleet management expertise and skills is essential for this position.
- Proven analytical skills, sound judgement and ability to provide technical advice;
- Good time management and demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under supervision;
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner in demanding working conditions and with short deadlines;
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action;
- Strong action management skills including the ability to manage projects in the most cost-efficient manner;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ensure that the Fleet is managed in the most Cost-Efficient manner to achieve maximum Utilization and constantly recommend improvements that would help in reducing Feet Time Related and Distance Related costs;
- Ability to design, develop, test, implement maintain, install and troubleshoot information structures/applications/hardware and/or software, to plan and organise work and write clear and concise technical documentation and communicate effectively orally, ability to handle a large volume of work and to meet strict deadlines. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Responsible to ensure that all reporting/administrative and operational functions within the Global Fleet are organised in an efficient manner and that timely, accurate data/reports provided for Management purposes;
- Ensure that the Global Fleet is maintaining strategic developments as per the best industry standards;
- Identify potential bottlenecks and formulate recommendations to overcome these, strive towards improved turn-around-times, decrease loading & off-loading times and reduce downtime to a minimum;
- Provide frontline support to ongoing projects with the telemetric/FleetWave system providers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP. Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
To find out more about:
- WFPs work, www.wfp.org
- Compensation https://icsc.un.org/secretariat/sad.asp?include=ss
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-15
GF-Professional & Technical - Internationally recruited position
Washington D.C (United States of America)