International Investment Opportunities Analyst
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS Office in Ukraine is engaged in the implementation of the Project that aims at development of the competitive Energy Market in Ukraine. Project supports Ukraine in strengthening its energy security agenda. It provides all required technical assistance to energy sector Government of Ukraine (GoU) entities, energy regulator and other stakeholders in implementation of laws and secondary legislation on the electricity market, energy markets and energy regulator; district heating‐related and other areas as needed, focusing on two components:
• Assistance in electricity market implementation;
• Assistance in improving district heating utility services.
Programme works directly with the offices of the Prime Minister of Ukraine and Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine, Coordination Centre for Introduction of a New Electric Energy Market, Office of Reforms under the Cabinet of Ministers, relevant departments of the Cabinet of Ministers, Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, Ministry of Social Protection and Labour of Ukraine, National Committee on State Regulation in Energy and Utilities (NCSREU), Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and other principal national stakeholders.
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Coordinator and in collaboration with other management personnel, in accordance with UNOPS policies, procedures and practices, International Advisor on municipal investments opportunities working to achieve the objectives within implementation of the UNOPS project assignments in Ukraine.
International Advisor on municipal investments opportunities conducts monitoring, analysis and provides the necessary support on the development of activities aimed at support to Kyiv City State Administration for a concession or management contract for the utility services.
International Advisor on municipal investments opportunities will provide advice on what practices and standards should be in place to make Kyiv's district heating system attractive to investors, provide assistance to the City and the municipal district heating company to attract funding for а priority investment program from international financial institutions, other donor grants, private sector placements, Kyiv City’s own resources, etc.
International Advisor on municipal investments opportunities prepares all needed documents, analytical references and reports, supports in preparation of presentations and promotional materials, participates in the preparation and conduct of the Project’s meetings and events.
Summary of Key Functions
- Support in attracting the investments, particularly assisting the project on what practices and standards should be in place to make Kyiv's district heating system attractive to investors;
- Propose the list of potential investors and conduct the preliminary research of their interest/priorities for investments;
- Support the Project Team with communication with relevant units at Kyiv city state administration on the issue of attracting investments in the municipal district heating sector;
- Organize the meetings at Kyiv city state administration with interested investors. Prepare the relevant presentations;
- Prepare reports/analytical notes on the best way(s) of attracting the investments and provide relevant recommendations for Kyiv city authorities on how to proceed.
The main results have an impact on the overall effectiveness of district heating system operations in Kyiv city and its attractiveness to the potential investors, overall reforms in the energy sector, effective and high-quality implementation of programs and projects by UNOPS.
Master's degree or equivalent is desirable.
A minimum of 2 years professional work experience in the investment environment.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of Russian language is desirable
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration - Internship
Contract level: International Specialist Level IICA 1 (ICS 8 equivalent)
Contract duration: Up to 31st January 2019
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Kiev (Ukraine)
- Grade: IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2018-06-27
Junior - Internationally recruited position
NO-B, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position