Head of Governance, Economy & Environmental Issues Dept
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree/certified training course in a relevant field desirable
Minimum 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Presence and the Deputy Head of Presence, the incumbent is responsible for shaping and driving a programme of capacity-building and support to reform in good governance in Albania, and leading the team responsible for implementing it, achieving distinct impact against some of the country¿s most significant challenges. In particular, the incumbent:
1. Overseeing the development of the annual programme and budget for the Governance Department, within a medium-term vision, and monitoring and driving implementation;
2. Managing the performance and development of the Department as individuals and as a team, through day-to-day supervision and the formal annual reporting cycle;
3. Overseeing necessary reporting and briefing by the Department, and taking responsibility for the quality of all Department output;
4. Developing and maintaining professional and effective partnerships with relevant national and international stakeholders in Tirana, contributing to national strategizing to maintain Albania¿s achievement of desired standards, and representings the Presence in relevant fora in Albania and internationally;
5. Contributing to efforts to attract extra-budgetary funding for high priority programme work;
6. Acting as advisor the Head of Presence on issues relating to the sector;
7. Performing any other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the work of OSCE Presence in Albania, please see http://www.osce.org/presence-in-albania
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.
- Organization: OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- Location: Tirana (Albania)
- Grade: Seconded Position - Mid level - Open for OSCE's 57 participating States
- International Relations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Democratic Governance
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-19