USAID Livelihoods and Cash Program Manager
Are you an experienced Livelihoods professional with a heart for the hurting? As a USAID Livelihoods and Cash Program Manager in Iraq, you will provide oversight of a program focused on livelihoods through cash-for-asset and cash-for work activities. In the aftermath of years of war and tragedy in Iraq, Samaritan’s Purse is seeking the right candidate to facilitate the return of internally displaced persons while building community-level resilience. For an opportunity to serve in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Responsible for implementing community-driven cash-for-asset and cash-for-work programs.
- Regularly assess the success of the program based on quantitative and qualitative data, and make recommendations as-needed.
- Ensure compliance with Samaritan’s Purse standards and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain high quality standards across all areas of program implementation, including operational, program, and finance management.
- Manage program budget, timeline, and phasing.
- Provide technical oversight on project implementation.
- Recruit and train staff, supervise project staff, and develop staff work plans.
- Prepare and submit internal and donor reports as needed.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse with partner, non-governmental, and governmental counterparts.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year university with a degree in a livelihoods related discipline.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ experience designing and/or managing cash-for-work programs, preferably in a post-conflict environment.
- Minimum one year of experience implementing a program in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and financial management experience.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Experience working and living overseas (Middle East context preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English required; Arabic language proficiency preferred.
12 month contract with strong potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
This position is contingent upon anticipated funding.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To apply, please click the link, below, and click 'Apply' to begin:
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Project and Programme Management
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Managerial positions
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31