codrington | Nepalgunj
Hurricane Irma destroyed the island of Barbuda leaving the population desolate and hopeless. Samaritan’s Purse is currently working to clean up the island, and plans to rebuild its infrastructure. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help support our ongoing project by serving as our Construction Supervisor!
As Construction Supervisor, you will be given the opportunity to lead a team of volunteers and Barbudans in the repair and rebuilding of homes on the island of Barbuda. You will work closely with the Construction Program Manager and Assistant Construction Program Manager in the planning and implementation of repairs and rebuilds. You will work in the community every day and be a focal point for community relations.
- Work closely with the Construction Program Manager and Assistant Construction Program Manager to determine the scope of the construction projects on Barbuda.
- Generate materiel take-offs from architectural drawings and/or from existing structures in need of repair.
- Communicate effectively and timely with Construction Program Manager concerning staffing issues, material needs, and project concerns.
- Supervise construction teams to ensure consistent progress of project timeline, efficient use of resources, and excellence in quality of work.
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Participate in daily morning devotions and in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff and volunteers.
- High School diploma and 7-10 years construction trade experience and expertise in one or more of the following: framing carpentry, metal roofing, or masonry.
- Experience supervising a construction crew.
- Recognized professionally as an expert in your trade.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of other construction trades.
- Previous experience working overseas.
- Must be able to work alongside your crew and do the physical labor of construction.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: codrington | Nepalgunj
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Administrative support
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31