Shelter Program Coordinator
Roseau (Dominica, Commonwealth of) | Santo Domingo
Hurricane Maria left the island of Dominica devastated. Samaritan’s Purse is currently providing clean water and shelters to islanders recovering from the aftermath of this natural disaster. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help demonstrate the love of Christ in a tangible way by serving as a Shelter Program Coordinator in Dominica!
As a Shelter Program Coordinator, you will be given the opportunity to work closely with the Shelter Program Manager in planning, designing, implementing, reporting and evaluating all shelter activities in Dominica. You will heavily support the initial assessment process, identify potential construction partners/contractors/suppliers, and work as a linkage between Samaritan's Purse and shelter working group.
- Work closely with the Shelter Program Manager to oversee day-to-day technical implementation of shelter project in selected communities of Dominica.
- Work with logistics and procurement departments to ensure appropriate construction materials are purchased, stored, and delivered to sites in a timely manner.
- Supervise community mobilization teams to engage and ensure full participation of beneficiaries, local partners and government in assessments, beneficiary identification, and local contribution e.g. labor or materials as may be agreed upon in project strategy.
- Assist Shelter Program Manager in data collection, accurate record keeping and management of information to measure progress and impact of project.
- Represent Samaritan's Purse in shelter working group coordination meetings and other relevant networks with government and shelter partners in Dominica.
- Liaise with Shelter Program Manager to ensure accountability, adequate reporting and grant compliance.
- Liaise with local and governmental authorities to ensure compliance with regulations and regional planning coordination.
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, Construction Management, or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in shelter programming required.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence clearly.
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: Roseau (Dominica, Commonwealth of) | Santo Domingo
- Grade: Mid level
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Managerial positions
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31