St. John's (Antigua and Barbuda)
Hurricane Maria left the island of Dominica devastated. Samaritan’s Purse is currently providing clean water and shelters to islanders recovering from the aftermath of this natural disaster. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help demonstrate the love of Christ in a tangible way by serving as a Logistics Manager in Dominica!
As Logistics Manager, you will be given the opportunity to design and implement systems for procurement, importation, and transportation of program supplies, and fleet management. The Logistics Manager is responsible to oversee and manage logistics for the Samaritan’s Purse Dominica sub-base.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective system of procurement, transportation, and storage of all project and office relief and support materials and commodities in accordance with the Samaritan’s Purse Procurement Field Operating Guide (FOG).
- Lead logistical requests from the team, implementing and safeguarding Samaritan's Purse field procurement system.
- Develop and implement reliable and appropriate processes for orderly, effective, and safe distribution of project supplies in the field.
- Provide support in the achievement of the objectives of the programs.
- Manage and maintain the vehicle fleet, ensuring that all the vehicles are properly maintained.
- Hire and manage national logistics staff as necessary.
- Manage strategic relationships with customs officials, airport authorities, embassy, NGO, military, government, and logistical personnel, and where applicable, merchants and other significant individuals.
- Maintain careful records of all compound inventoried items, noting their movement and status.
- Assist in the procurement of needed supplies, including construction materials, base supplies, materials to support programs, and supplies needed for ministry.
- Keep careful records of consumption, and submit supply orders to stock both food and other supplies for compound staff programs.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university in logistics or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience in project management in construction including proposal writing, program development, implementation, and monitoring/evaluating methodologies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government laws and regulations, humanitarian and political reports, and annual reports.
- Strong networking, leadership, and management skills necessary.
- Previous international work experience.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*This position is unable to accompany a spouse or family
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: St. John's (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-31