Administrative Assistant, (GS-5), LACRO, Panama City #00106849
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Title: Administrative Assistant PFP
Reports to: Regional Chief of Partnerships
Type of Contract: Temporary
Duration:9 months (TBC)
Location: Panama City, Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office (LACRO)
Date of Entry: 1 July 2018
UNICEF works in some of the worldâ€™s toughest places, to reach the worldâ€™s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion
Provide administrative support within the PFP Section in the Regional Office in all activities related to the fundraising, preparing documents, papers for circulation, making travel arrangements, contracts, payments, and act as a liaison with LACRO Operations Section.
We are looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to support UNICEF's LAC Regional Office in the following areas:
- Provide support to Regional Support Centre (RSC)/PFP Regional Office on administrative tasks.
- Keep control and submit monthly progress report of the LACRO PFP Budget which includes the preparation of documents in VISION, and the administration and monitoring of the RSC Budget, budget assigned to Country Offices, including transfer request to HQ and follow up.
- Coordinate and manage all tasks related to travel arrangements and coordination of internal and external meetings and trainings.
- Manage the RSC PFP Budget preparation, including the proposal for the annual budget, meeting deadlines and delivery accurate reports/charts of the different assigned tasks.
- Preparation of correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential, from drafts, charts and printed tests.
- Processing of all operating documents such as requisitions, purchase orders, requests of contracts, contracts, evaluations, payments certifications on SAP.
- Manage and monitoring of the RSC travel budget and travel plan with all process of reservations, preparations of travel authorizations, clearances, certifications, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years progressively work experience. Experience in office management, administration or other related fields.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning and Researching (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
- Planning and Organizing (I)
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- General Service Staff are recruited locally. Candidates must be in possession of an existing work permit or resident/citizen of Panama to be considered eligible for this post. Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Panamá (Panama)
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25