Lead Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) Consultant, Niger
Job title: Lead Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) Consultant Duration: 6 months
Based in: Niamey, Niger
Reports to: Country Representative, Niger
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI and its local affiliates manage malaria control programs in 32 countries and are world leaders in malaria control implementation delivering 42 million treated mosquito nets and almost 19 million quality-assured ACTs for confirmed malaria cases in 2016. PSI also supports national Ministries of Health to scale up malaria diagnosis especially in the private sector and to improve tracking of malaria patients through surveillance and health information systems, especially DHIS2.
Impact Malaria, which is a PMI funded contract is implementing a seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) campaign in six districts in Niger that is estimated to run from now until December 2018. The project seeks a Lead SMC Consultant who can start immediately to support the organizational and logistical implementation of the campaign at the district level. This position is based in Niamey, Niger, with approximately 30% travel within Niger as needed.
- Ensure effective coordination for SMC activities (training, supervision, financial payments, monitoring, reporting, ) in six districts in coordination with the PSI Country Representative, PMI, NMCP and other partners.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the six districts
- Coordinate hiring of temporary district level staff with Human Resources, provide all information on rates and terms and conditions on offer to HR to allow them to complete the offer letter and contract efficiently
- Responsible for ensuring that per diem rates paid are within the approved budget.
- Work with Finance Team and the Country Representative to identify exactly how a new budget will be developed, managed and reported.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and trainings, including working with district NMCP staff to source appropriate venues for seminars, conference, workshops and other program
- Ensure that payment vouchers are properly completed and are adequately supported by relevant documents before they are processed and that they are in line with the financial processes and procedures under
- Ensure continuous flow of funds to district teams according to microplan schedule.
- In coordination with the Finance Team and the Country Representative ensure that procurement and logistics procedures and policies comply with donor and clients' regulations and
- Develops and maintains project's procurement plan. Manages the process of conducting due diligence on local service providers and vendors to ensure the project receives cost-effective and quality goods and services.
What are we looking for?
- Experience managing and coordinating SMC campaigns
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience in program reporting and monitoring
- Experience working with USAID and/or PMI
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV with a brief email cover letter to Massiel Sepúlveda, Program Officer - IMPACT Malaria at email@example.com.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Niamey (Niger)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20