CFO & Director of Support Services
Incheon | kr (Korea (Republic of))
CFO & Director of Support Services
Date: Jun 21, 2018
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 8
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
The CFO and Director of Support Services is responsible for the leadership of the Division of Support Services (DSS) along with primary day-to-day responsibility for managing, planning, implementing and controlling all financial-related activities of the Fund, including direct responsibility for accounting, financing, treasury and financial strategic planning. The Division of Support Services provides overall administration of the Secretariat and day-to-day operational and institutional support including Information & Communication Technology, procurement plus travel, facilities management, security and HR administration.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops financial organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction;
- Also develops institutional financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans;
- Participates in key decisions as a member of the Fund’s Senior Management Team; recommends to the Senior Management Team sound mitigation and/or corrective strategies to ensure accountability, coherence and accountability in budget management;
- Leads annual Financial Statements as well as budget preparation and execution;
- Support the replenishment processes;
- The Director also provides fiduciary due diligence of Accredited Entities and intermediaries;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with other senior staff to identify their needs and develop the full range of business solutions;
- Direction and management of the functions of ICT, Procurement and Travel, Finance, Administrative Operations, Protocol, Treasury and HR Administration.
- Leads a team of approx. 50 staff;
- Ensures highest ethical standards for all transactions processed by the Division of Support Services;
- Motivates DSS staff and staff across the Fund to be consistent with principles of integrity and accountability and to work within the parameters governing the financial management framework and availability of resources;
- Continuously monitors the work of the Division to improve consistency, coherence and client-orientation in the provision of Fund-wide administrative services; promotes further development of Lean/Six Sigma or similar interventions, in all programmes of the Secretariat; and
- Oversees all administrative policies and system development and their implementation.
Expected experience and qualifications*
- Master’s degree in business management, accounting or related fields. Professional qualifications in finance would be an asset;
- Fifteen (15) years of successful relevant work experience in progressively responsible financial and support services leadership positions in similar organizations, in an international setting;
- Experience in managing large and diverse teams;
- Ability to exercise a high degree of prudence and diplomacy;
- Possessing excellent and highly effective communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on timely and accurate analyses;
- a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation;
- Customer/team orientation—recognizes the importance of responding to the needs of both internal and external clients and fosters active cooperation among colleagues in the pursuit of organizational goals.
- Influencing skills—persuades, convinces and creates buy-in for ideas and initiatives in order to advance goals and strategies
- Leadership—develops the vision and implements the strategy for the business area.
- Management – engages and motivates his/her team to do their best work
- Is innovative in finding effective and efficient solutions; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon | kr (Korea (Republic of))
- Grade: Senior Executive - Internationally recruited position - Senior Executive level
- Administrative support
- Managerial positions
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27