Climate Investment Specialist
Incheon (Korea (Republic of)) | kr
Climate Investment Specialist
Date: Jun 6, 2018
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 4
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
The Climate Investment Specialist will contribute to deepening the private equity funds assets class and financial sector structuring in Latin America and the Caribbean within PSF and support development of PSF’s wider private sector investment program within the Latin American and Caribbean regions. He/she will support the Head of Private Equity Funds on mapping, selecting, structuring, negotiating fund terms, and creating a proprietary pool of institutional co-investors network. The Climate Investment Specialist along with other colleagues in GCF will support the Secretariat in meeting its increasing demand on working with direct access private sector actors in the developing world.
Duties and Responsibilities
With focus on Latin America and the Caribbean, the Climate Investment Specialist is expected to:
- Support developing and executing business strategy of the GCF private equity funds and other investment funds;
- Support in the negotiations and exiting strategy from private equity funds;
- Generate new relations with private equity fund managers;
- Manage and enhance complex and multi-stakeholder relationships in Latin America and the Caribbean, including for private equity, financial institutions and project finance investments;
- Conduct research and analysis and prepare Board documentation, when necessary;
- Support in the creation and management of the annual GCF Climate Private Investment Conference;
- Support the creation of a network of potential institutional co-investors; and
- Conduct additional operational tasks assigned by the Head of Private Equity Funds and the PSF Deputy Director.
Expected experience and qualifications*
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. CFA is an advantage;
- Minimum 9 years of experience in climate finance, structuring private equity funds, venture capital, and mezzanine funds;
- Strong knowledge in negotiating private equity deal term sheets, ideal private equity terms, private placement memorandums, limited partnerships documents, regulatory requirements, and compliance;
- Excellent business acumen and proven track record of doing business in Latin America and the Caribbean; and
- Fluency in English and Spanish is essential; knowledge of Portuguese and other United Nations languages is an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon (Korea (Republic of)) | kr
- Grade: Mid level
- Banking and Finance
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Climate Change
- Closing Date: 2018-07-22