NOTE: This post is being re-advertised to widen the pool of candidates. All candidates who have already applied previously to Job ID #15580 need not re-apply. Thank you.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF ZIMBABWE *
The Programme Specialist Gender and GBV will be based in the UNFPA Zimbabwe country office and will operate as integral part of the UNFPA Zimbabwe country office team.
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative, the incumbent provides programmatic and technical leadership to ensure the delivery of the organization’s transformative goal of ‘eliminating GBV’ in Zimbabwe. S/he directs the gender programme team and works closely with UNFPA country office team as well as external partners such as government of Zimbabwe, sister UN agencies and civil society organizations.
Master’s degree in law, social sciences, gender, public health and development or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience, including experience in programme management, including large multi-sectoral projects, designing and appraising proposals and actively liaising with relevant and potential project partners;
- Experience in drafting and implementing legislation, in particular, related to GBV issues;
- Knowledge of gender issues in development, particularly GBV, including relevant international human rights standards;
- Experience in utilising the following internationals tools is an advantage: GBV Standard Operating Procedures; GBV Information Management System; IASC GBV Guidelines; IASC Gender Handbook; GBV Coordination Handbook; WHO Ethical and Safety Recommendations;
- Prior experience in the UN system will be a strong asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential.