Emergency Monitoring and Evaluation (M%26E) Specialist, Category C
Multiple locations (Various)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Emergency and Rehabilitation Division is responsible for ensuring FAOâs efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises. It is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable Decentralized Offices to assist member countries to prepare for, and respond to emergencies. TCE ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies. TCE supports food and nutrition security assessment and early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses. TCE plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organizationâs programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises (SO5)â.
The Emergency Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant reports to the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer or Operations Officer.
The consultant will provide support to the implementation of FAOâs resilience agenda at global, regional, sub regional and/or country level. The key functions of the consultant will be as following\:
- Advanced university degree in a subject related to the work of the Organization.
- Three years of relevant experience in public and/or private sectors related to programming, planning and technical cooperation in food and agriculture, including experience in developing countries, especially in countries that are vulnerable to disaster or other emergency risks.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Multiple locations (Various)
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Medical Practitioners
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20