Global Soil Partnership (GSP)/Sustainable Soil Management Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Sustainable Soil Management
The incumbent reports to the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia and FAO Representative in Turkey, works under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, technical guidance of the Land and Water Officer (CBL), and in close collaboration with the national counterpart and the National Project Coordinator (NPC); the Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks\:
Tasks and responsibilities
Any other relevant tasks, as necessary.
- Advanced University degree in soil science or relevant fields related to the work of the Organization;
- At least 10 years of experience in Soil Management and relevant policy development, with well-informed Global Soil Partnership and its policy agenda;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, or Chinese).
FAO Core Competencies
Additional Selection Criteria
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Ankara (Turkey)
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Biology and Chemistry
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-07-19