Communications %26 Publications Specialist
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC) is responsible for leading FAOâs response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAOâs priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RLC also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organizationâs Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RLC develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The consultancy assignments are located at the FAO Regional (Chile) and sub-Regional (Barbados and Panama) offices or in country offices within the region.
Interested consultants are invited to submit their applications on-line in order to establish their profiles in the RLC Roster database from which they may be considered for consultancy opportunities that might arise. Inclusion in the database does not guarantee a contract with RLC or other FAO units. Applications will be maintained in the database for a period of two years. The exact contractual arrangements pertaining to each consultancy will be determined as appropriate to the nature of that particular consultancy. These assignments do not carry any expectation of, or imply any right to, further extension, renewal or conversion to any other appointment.
The purpose of the Call is to attract global talent for the Consultant and Personal Services assignments as they become available. The Call will create a roster of Applicants that will be used to identify candidates for these assignments.
The FAO Functional Objective (FO) covered by this functional roster is\:
Depending on the task to be undertaken, the appointment will be on a short-term contract, lasting from several days to 11 months, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and depending on the resources and needs of the Organization.
The consultant reports to a Team Leader of the assignment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- For Consultants\: Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) relevant to the above areas (eg. communications, media relations, social studies, filmmaking, editing, translations, and web).
- For PSAs\: University degree in the above areas
- Relevant experience\:
- For Consultants/PSA level C\: at least one year of relevant experience
- For Consultants/PSA level B\: at least five years of relevant experience
- For Consultants/PSA level A\: at least twelve/fifteen years of relevant experience respectively
- Working knowledge of English or French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the two (for Consultants).
- Working knowledge of English or French or Spanish (for PSAs);
For Consultants/PSA Level A\:
For Consultants/PSA Level B and C
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: various locations
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31