Technical Specialist â Geographic Indications, territorial development
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Lead/Contribute to the development of GI/Territorial development interventions for a range of commodities in developing and transition countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Design and implementation of GIs and national GI systems
- Analyse the legal framework
- Implement regulations for GI registration, control, procedures and relevant documentation in compliance with international standards;
- Build and strengthen capacities of national institutions responsible for GI administration, protection and control;
- Develop public and private sector GI stakeholder capacities to promote and facilitate marketing of GI products at national and relevant international markets.
- Develop a PGS initiative and provision of support to PGS groups.
- Advanced university degree in (for Consultants) / University degree (only for PSA) in economics/marketing or law, with a specialisation in national and local institutional development, trade marking, law, intellectual property rights
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the subject area
- For consultants\: Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
- For PSA, Working knowledge of one FAO language
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in GI/ territorial based food and agricultural systems development
- Extent and relevance of experience in value chain analysis and development
- Extent and relevance of experience in post-harvest/food loss and waste/value addition
- Familiarity with concepts and practices for sustainable food systems development in developing/transition countries
- Extent of experience in the region in GI/ territorial based food and agricultural systems development in developing counties and preferably in the Asia Pacific Region
- Level of knowledge and expertise in programme and project development and implementation in GI/ territorial based food and agricultural systems development in developing countries and preferably in the Asia Pacific Region
- Extent of experience level of knowledge in national institutional set up and development for territorial approaches
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: various locations
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Political Affairs
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31