Fishery and aquaculture statistics/economist specialist (various profiles)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Fisheries and Aquaculture Department promotes policies and strategies aiming at the sustainable and responsible development of fisheries and aquaculture in inland and marine waters. For this purpose, the Statistics and Information Branch (FIAS) is responsible for the collection, compilation, validation, analysis and dissemination of reliable and up-to-date information on all aspects of world fisheries and aquaculture sectors. FIAS also coordinates the development of international standards for fishery and aquaculture statistics and supports partnership arrangements for the collation, sharing and dissemination of information.
International consultants and PSAs represent an important source of expertise for FAO, making their specialist contributions across the globe towards the achievement of the Organizationâs strategic objectives. For FAO to be able to attract and employ the best possible experts in the wide range of technical areas of its mandate, a competitive selection process has been introduced. This process is intended to create a pool of candidates which can be called upon when their expertise is required, ensuring a transparent and rigorous selection process. Inclusion in the database does not guarantee a contract with FIA or other FAO units. Applications will be maintained in the database for a period of two years. The exact contractual arrangements pertaining to each consultancy will be determined as appropriate to the nature of that particular consultancy. These assignments do not carry any expectation of, or imply any right to, further extension, renewal or conversion to any other appointment.
The purpose of this call is to attract technical expertise to populate a consultant roster for the following profiles\:
The Consultants/PSAs will report to the Senior Fishery Officer (Statistics), and will work under the overall guidance of the Branch Head of FIAS and the functional oversight of the Chief Statistician (OCS) regarding corporate statistical procedures and quality assurance.
The Consultant or PSA will work as part of a team to conduct activities, research and analysis on issues related to fisheries and aquaculture statistics and economics, in line with FAOâs Strategic Framework.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks and responsibilities of each selected Consultant or PSA will be defined in the Terms of Reference for the specific assignment. The focus, tasks and responsibilities for each work areaâs consultants may include, but are not limited to the following\:
The Fishery and aquaculture statistics specialist will\:
The Fishery and aquaculture economist specialist will\:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
and in addition for senior consultants\:
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: rome
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Water Resource Management
- Sustainable use of oceans, seas and marine resources
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31