Monitoring, Evaluation and Partnerships Coordinator - Re-Advertisement (Open to Indian Nationals Only)
New Delhi (India)
“This is a re-advertisement and all candidates who applied in the previous selection processes may not re-apply”.
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. All human development and human rights issues have gender dimensions. UN Women focuses on priority areas that are fundamental to women’s equality. The five focus areas include violence against women, economic empowerment, leadership and participation, peace and security and national planning and budgeting.
UN Women’s Multi Country Office, based in New Delhi, India, covers’ four countries of the region, i.e., Bhutan, India, Maldives, and Sri Lanka.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Partnerships Coordinator of the multi-country office (MCO) of UN Women for India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and the Maldives leads the management and oversight of M&E activities for all projects and programmes. He/She builds, fosters and maintains partner and donor relations and implements the MCO’s Resource Mobilization Strategy. He/She provides senior management and programme teams with advice on new partnership opportunities and facilitates strategic programming and project formulation in all MCO countries.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Partnerships Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative. Therefore, the incumbent of this role plays a key role in effective M+E, partnership building and resource mobilization. He/She also advises senior management about strategic opportunities for partnerships and supports the overall resource mobilization efforts of the MCO. The incumbent will ensure that timely monitoring and evaluation is carried out at outcome level and will lead analysis and documentation of programmatic lessons learned.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Partnerships Coordinator supervises and leads a team of staff, experts, international and national consultants. All the activities are implemented in close cooperation with senior management, programme and operations colleagues and other colleagues. He/She maintains a network with colleagues from UN Agencies, IFIs, Government officials, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors, private sector and civil society and manages the Private Sector Advisory Council to implement his/her functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Ensures compliance with corporate programme and project management requirements regarding planning, M&E and reporting;
- Formulates and implements MCO strategies related to resource mobilization (RM) and partnerships building;
- Facilitates knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures compliance with corporate programme and project management requirements regarding planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordinates and supports Results Based Management (RBM) and M&E functions in the MCO including annual work-planning and reporting in line with corporate requirements and tools;
- Monitors on a regular basis country programme and projects including preparation of annual and quarterly reports, ongoing monitoring of overall status of the country programming;
- Supports the MCO programme staff with effective use of corporate tools and methodologies for planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. As well as benchmarking and measuring of indicators at the outcome level;
- Under the guidance of the UN WOMEN Evaluation Office, supports the periodic review of evaluation frameworks, methodologies and databases for monitoring programme and projects;
- Draws analysis and evaluation of interventions in the MCO and lessons learnt from the country programmes for partnership building and resource mobilization;
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, drafts/reviews Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sector evaluation missions and/or desk evaluations/reviews. Participate in consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluation and budget oversight;
- Follows-up on implementation of evaluation recommendations.
Formulates and implements MCO strategies related to Resource Mobilization and Partnerships building, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Scans opportunities in the region for new partnerships based on context analysis, donor priorities and partnership opportunities;
- Analyzes key development and sectoral policies currently being discussed and implemented in the country;
- Develops and implements partnership mapping and fund raising strategy;
- Negotiates, drafts agreements with donors. Also manages donor reporting of all projects in coordination with programme teams;
- Supports programme and project formulation of the MCO based on results achieved and opportunities arising for new partnerships;
- Liaises and coordinates with UN WOMEN HQ/RO/COs on RM and programme development strategies;
- Collaborates with the communications unit on public advocacy initiatives for the strategic positioning of UN WOMEN;
- Manages Business Sector Advisory Group, WEPs companies and other private sector partner relationships.
Facilitates knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on the following results:
- Facilitates collaborative relationships with other UN agencies, experts, government counterparts and the private sector ensuring timely and efficient delivery of inputs related to assigned portfolio;
- Identifies and formulates lessons learnt and recommendations to be integrated into broader MCO knowledge management efforts;
- Orients and trains MCO staff in understanding and applying results-oriented monitoring & evaluation policies, tools & methods;
- Facilitates programme unit’s application of best practices & advocates UN WOMEN’s successful experiences in results-based monitoring & evaluation as well as substantive areas of expertise through global knowledge networks;
- Participates in evaluation community, remaining abreast of latest developments and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies.
Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Impact of Results:
The key results of the post have an impact on the overall effectiveness and success of UN WOMEN’s interventions and activities, forwarding looking strategies and policies for the MCO related to partnerships building. This highly strategic post ensures efficient management of the monitoring and evaluation process and a sustainable funding base.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda: Analysis and creation of messages and strategies:
- Creates effective advocacy strategies;
- Performs analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses.
Results-Based Programme Development and Management: Contributing to results through provision of information:
- Provides information for linkages across programme activities to help identify critical points of integration;
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation;
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals;
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals.
Building Strategic Partnerships: Identifying and building partnerships:
- Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances relevant to UN Women‘s mandate and strategic agenda;
- Identifies needs and interventions for capacity building of counterparts, clients and potential partners;
- Promotes UN Women’s agenda in inter-agency meetings.
Resource Mobilization: Implementing resource mobilization strategies:
- Analyzes information on potential bilateral donors and national counterparts to recommend a strategic approach;
- Identifies and compiles lessons learned;
- Develops a resource mobilization strategy at the country level.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Developing tools and mechanisms:
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches;
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise: In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter:
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines;
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
Client Orientation: Contributing to positive outcomes for the client:
- Anticipates client needs;
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider;
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective;
- Solicits feedback on service provision and quality.
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents;
- Building support and political acumen;
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Building and promoting effective teams;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
- Leveraging conflict in the interests of UN Women & setting standards;
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level.
- Extensive experience in partnership building and resource mobilization.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Experience in strategic planning and programme and project formulation using RBM tools.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programmes for data analysis.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the national language of the duty station.
Interested applicants should apply to this vacancy announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.