BBRSO47920: Technical Consultant to undertake Topographical Survey
The Hague (Netherlands)
- ADMINISTRATION -
To apply, interested persons should upload the combined* Technical Proposal/Methodology (if applicable), CV and Offeror’s Letter to “UNDP Jobs” by navigating to the link below and clicking “APPLY NOW”, no later than the date indicated on the “UNDP Jobs” website. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted**: -
UNDP Job Site – https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=79287 (cut and paste into browser address bar if the link does not work)
* PLEASE NOTE: The system allows the upload of one (1) document ONLY – if you are required to submit a Technical Proposal/Methodology, this document along with your CV/P11 and Offeror’s Letter, MUST be combined and uploaded as one.
NOTE: The Financial Proposal should not be uploaded to “UNDP Jobs”.
**Please email the password-protected Financial Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must only contain the following reference number: BBRSO47920
No other text, words, names, spaces, quotation marks, punctuation, or numbers should be included in the subject of your email.
If the password for your Financial Proposal is required, it will be requested by the Procurement Unit.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing to email@example.com within three (3) days of the publication of this notice, ensuring that the reference number above is included in the subject line. The UNDP Barbados & the OECS Procurement Unit will post the responses*** two (2) days later, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to: -
http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=47039 (cut and paste into browser address bar if the link does not work)
A detailed Procurement Notice, TOR, and all annexes can be found by clicking the above link.
*** UNDP shall endeavour to provide such responses to clarifications in an expeditious manner, but any delay in such response shall not cause an obligation on the part of UNDP to extend the submission date of the Proposals, unless UNDP deems that such an extension is justified and necessary
Duties and Responsibilities
The technical consultant, with guidance and supervision of the General Secretary GFAFO, the Pilot Project Works Supervisor and with support from the relevant Ministries, will undertake the following:
- Undertake a topographic survey of identified 5-acre plot to determine and map the contours of the target area and existing features to support the redesign of the existing drainage system. This should include the following:
- Determination of peak periods and the capacity of the existing drainage system in the La Sagesse area to dispose of the water from the upper areas of the watershed.
- Assessment of the internal drainage of each identified farm in the target area to ensure drains are well constructed.
- Identification of key modifications to improve the existing system
- Based on the survey, develop a technical guidance document with recommendations for the redesign and reconstruction of the existing and proposed additions to the drainage network and key engineering requirements that should be considered
- Produce contour maps highlighting key physical features in target area and including the recommended layout placement of drainage network – new and existing
- Provide support to company/Guide dredging/excavation of new and existing drains
Expected deliverables and deadlines
Due Date (after contract signature)
Inception Report inclusive of planned work schedule
Draft technical Report with required recommendations and guidance for for the redesign and reconstruction of the existing drainage network
Draft contour maps highlighting key physical features in target area and including the recommended layout placement of drainage network
Final technical report with finalised contour maps and guidance on final layout of drainage system
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with analytic capacity and demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information in high quality papers/reports and in effective presentations to different audiences;
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships/relationships, including with clients, focusing on results for the client/partner and responding positively to feedback.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Exercise the highest level of responsibility and be able to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in land surveying, contour mapping, hydrographic surveying or related discipline
- International land surveyor, hydrographic surveyor certification would be an asset
Years of experience:
• 3-5 years’ experience in land surveys, contour mapping or hydrographic
• Demonstrated experience in drainage design. Specific experience with agricultural systems would be an asset.
• Demonstrated experience with mapping software and production of contour maps
• Experience working with international donors and UNDP
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: The Hague (Netherlands)
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25