NUTRITION PROGRAM MANAGER
Juba (South Sudan)
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE’s East, Central and Southern Africa Regional Office (ECSARO) is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations as well as the provision of support to 15 Country Offices in the region. For more information about our work, please visit www.care.org
CARE seeks a passionate Nutrition Professional to Manage our UNICEF and WFP funded Nutrition Projects in Koch and Rubkona counties of South Sudan by ensuring that interventions are implemented on target and within the allocated budget and time. The operation includes the delivery of both static and mobile nutrition interventions in some of the most remote locations of South Sudan. The manager will need to have demonstrated experience managing programs in conflict affected counties, working with UNICEF and WFP funded programs and leading diverse teams. As the post is field based, a high level of cultural sensitivity is required. The PM will ensure that interventions contribute to South Sudan’s Ministry of Health efforts in reducing malnutrition among children and providing strategic support in designing the country’s Child Survival Plan for a more robust action in the future. In addition, the Nutrition PM may act as the Area Manager for all CARE's operations in Rubkona and Koch Counties.
Reporting to the Assistant Country Director for Programs (ACD-P), the PM will keep up to date with best practices in malnutrition prevention and intervention in order to act as an expert and provide advice and guidance as required; Compliance with technical requirements and policies and regulations of CARE.
S/he will deliver nutrition activities in accordance with MOH guidelines. Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project /program deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes. Responsible for submitting activity reports, and financial reports on regular basis to the donor. Leads and motivates the program team. Employs resourcefulness in project/program design, implementation and monitoring. Comfortable with ambiguity- trouble shoots project/program problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions. She/he will be responsible for maintaining regular contacts with key partners including CHD, UNICEF & WFP sub-offices, technical sector heads and other agencies at field level
• Provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective strategic and tactical planning
• Monitor the effective utilization of program supplies and materials.
• Prepare periodic work and financial reports on the implementation and challenges of health and nutrition program interventions.
• Prepare project procurement plan and follow up on procurement and delivery of project supplies needed for use in the project
• Develop and assure strong relations with UNICEF, WFP and potential donors.
• Represent CARE at county level coordination meetings
• Establish and maintain good relationships with relevant counterparts/departments of the government, the locally-represented organizations
• Take lead in conducting a service availability mapping to inform setting of nutrition sites
• Bachelors’ degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Dietetics, Public Health / Nutrition or related field.
• Masters in Public Health Management or Administration is desired.
• Three (3) years managing nutrition projects in emergency contexts.
• Experience and knowledge working with Clusters and Managing UN grants
• Demonstrated experience leading nutrition projects implementation in complex international development environments and/or conflict zones
• Proven capacity to negotiate and work with governments at different levels
• Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
• Enthusiastic and energetic to make a difference especially in women
• Excellent training skills in defined health/nutrition
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=4310
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-26