Humanitarian Partnership Coordinator
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)
Under the umbrella of the project, “Fostering the protection of vulnerable groups (IDPs, women and children, farmers in ARA) in the Gaza Strip through a multisectoral approach integrating protection, emergency, preparedness, and response mechanisms and evidence-based advocacy”, a Gaza Partnership has been constituted by the following three partners: Action Against Hunger (lead agency), Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) and Terre des Hommes (TdH).
The proposed intervention aims at improving the resilience of specific target groups in the Gaza Strip, namely, female headed households, farmers in the ARA and children. The Gaza Partnership has been established as an initial medium-term programme composed of three pillars. The Action contributes to building resilience based on a protection, emergency preparedness and an advocacy approach that combines preventive and reactive mechanisms specifically designed for the different potential humanitarian scenarios forecasted for 2018 in Gaza.
The Partnership seeks to contribute to the coordinated humanitarian response in the Gaza Strip through coordination by the Shelter, Protection WASH, and Food Security Clusters. The Project is built on an integrated protection approach envisaged to support the strategic objectives of the 2018 oPt Humanitarian Response Plan.
Provide overall representation and management of the implementation of the Gaza Partnership (Gaza Partnership 3) to provide humanitarian assistance to vulnerable people in need in the Gaza Strip.
TECHNICAL AND STRATEGIC PROGRAMMATIC COORDINATION
- Act as an advisor to partners to address operational and technical programmatic issues and provide neutral facilitation to solve potential technical issues between partners as well as ensure a good flow of information and efficient communication between partners.
- Lead the coordination between partners on a day-to day- basis as well as convene and provide reporting and attend part of the steering committee meetings on a regular basis and additional ad hoc meetings as required;
- In collaboration with relevant focal points of respective partner agencies (ACF, PUI and TDH) coordinate the strategic development of the project, utilizing the various working units and teams that are outlined within the Gaza Partnership Governance
QUALITY AND DEVELOPMENT
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of the project and provide feedback to the consortium and suggest with other consortium partners programmatic changes in response to results of monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure proper risk mapping of consortium activities and, with the other consortium partners develop and implement mitigation measures;
- Lead on assuring the continuous quality and improvement of the overarching Protection Approach, Advocacy and Emergency Preparedness of the Partnership in coordination with the Partner agencies.
EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION AND STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT
- Coordinate the activities of Partners to provide integrated protection response to beneficiaries;
- Ensure regular coordination of project partners within the cluster system, and with the broader humanitarian coordination structure.
- Arrange and facilitate donors and key stakeholders visits to the field with different partners staff and under overall supervision of Steering Committee.
CONSORTIUM STEERING COMMITTEE ENGAGEMENT
- Report to the Steering Committee in a proper and timely manner on all relevant matters as per the ToR;
- Attend the Steering Committee meetings on a regular and ad hoc basis . During those meetings, he/she will report on:
- Implementation progress of the signed agreements;
- Technical issues faced and suggested solutions to overcome them;
- Updates on representation and other external relevant matters
GRANT MANAGEMENT, REPORTING AND MISCELLANEOUS
- The Humanitarian Partnership Coordinator will be required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals with different donors.
- Ensure all grant files are up to date and copies are also kept for proper archiving according to Action Against Hunger minimum standards and donor regulations. This includes also adequate risk mapping, including financial risks and to advice on mitigation measures.
- Background studies: International Relations, Political Science or any related fields.
- Familiarity with the OPT and Middle East is an advantage.
- Experience in multi-sectorial interventions ( FSL, WASH, Shelter) and Protection programming
- Familiarity with the humanitarian coordination system (HPC, Clusters/Sectors) required.
- Project Cycle Management.
- Community Integrated Approaches / vulnerability assessments.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Experience within Action Against Hunger International is an asset.
- Desired background: experience in public relations, 5 years relevant experience in humanitarian context/protracted crisis.
- Experience managing large scale humanitarian operation with complex programming
- Liaison experience on the humanitarian sector (UN, INGOs, Donors, Diplomats)
- Familiarity with donors regulation and management procedures (e.g. ECHO, AECID, DGD, UN HRP cycle).
- Ability to train and mentor staff is a significant asset.
- Excellent reporting writing skills, both for language and content.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Arabic is a plus.
- Fully proficient in MS-Office, Outlook and Skype.
- Ability to travel in Jerusalem and stay overnight.
- Valid driving license.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: until June 2018, starting asap*.*
- Base: Gaza
- Compensation packaged: 32.868 €- 40.668,0 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context. This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and per Diem (*)
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange)
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Organization: ACF - Action Against Hunger
- Location: Gaza (Palestinian Territory)
- Grade: Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Public, Private Partnership
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20