PROGRAMME FUNDING AND REPORTING COORDINATOR
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | Goma
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us. CARE’s East, Central and Southern Africa Regional Office (ECSARO) is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations as well as the provision of support to 15 Country Offices in the region. For more information about our work, please visit www.care.org
CARE seeks a Program Funding and Reporting Coordinator(PFRC) driven by integrity, passion and innovation to hold the key functions in coordinating and leading; and ensuring timely and quality donor proposal and reporting within CARE Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC) Country Program. S/he will closely work with the program, finance and program support team in these functions. S/he will undertake a proactive approach to map out existing opportunities and finalize a business development/ fund raising strategy with necessary country office and regional input. S/he will work with proposal development teams, consultants and partners on proposal and concept note development and marketing them with donors. The incumbent will enhance the capacity of CARE and partner staff on proposal policies-procedures, standard forms for specific call, and requirements for different bids. S/he will review current and future calls and guide CARE on where to participate. This position is based in Goma, DRC.
Reporting to the Country Director, The FRC will prepare internal timelines for proposal development and coordinate with CARE International Members (CIM) or donor to prepare quality proposals in line with donor requirements and according to the timeframe; Play diverse roles in the process: coordinator, leader, writer, and reviewer; provide inputs to the cost proposal, ensuring that the cost proposal remains efficient; respond to donor queries on the submission.
The FRC will review and update existing marketing documents and tools and provide creative suggestions for additional ways CARE activities can be presented visually and shared with various audiences; assist concerned colleagues (finance and program management) to identify areas to improve the reporting process, aiming at increasing the quality of reports and maintaining/improving the competitiveness of CARE; lead monthly Program review meetings with Program Managers, finance, operations and other relevant departments, ensuring compliance and reporting requirements are met, timely management feedback is provided on implementation progress, and corrective action (including stakeholder communication) is taken.
• Prepare internal timelines for proposal development and coordinate with CIM or donor to prepare quality proposals in line with donor requirements and according to the time frame
• Develop donor engagements plans for various level of management in the Country Office(CO)
• Map out existing and potential opportunities for donor engagement and fundraising based on existing documents and updated consultations with staff, donors, and UN agencies
• Schedule specific donor engagement events for the year and invite strategic donors (identified in the strategy/plan) to attend; this is in addition to regular proposal/report discussion meetings
• Maintain and circulate Proposal and Grant Tracking Sheet on a monthly basis, update other tools as new grants are awarded and transfer grants between tabs as necessary
• Coordinate with the Program and Finance teams to produce final versions of reports for submission
• Train, mentor, coach CARE staff on the reporting, competitive bids process, proposal writing and fundraising
• Ensure project partners are invited to actively and meaningfully participate in the proposal development and implementation workshops
• Bachelors’ degree in International Development, Public Health / Nutrition, Social Science or related field.
• Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, Social Science or Business Administration is desired.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in program / business development, proposal writing, and fund raising
• Experience and knowledge in preparing competitive bids for DFID, EU, USAID and other donors
• Demonstrated success in the area of new business development
• Experience of working in a stressful environment.
• Excellent proposal writing skills
• Ability to work with people of various cultures
• Entrepreneurial spirit and strong business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to work in team and provide leadership in team efforts
• Sound conceptual skills in humanitarian emergency, early recovery and development programming and designing interventions in such context
• Strong in networking, representation and building relations
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
• Working knowledge of French.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=4316
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | Goma
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Project and Programme Management
- Communication and Public Information
- Documentation and Information Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27