REGIONAL COORDINATOR MIDDLE EAST (F/M) - JORDANIE
Secours Islamique France (SIF) was created in 1991, and has developed international programs in order to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable populations in France and around the world. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and implementation of development programs. SIF strictly follows the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence, and impartiality while implementing programs. SIF respects cultural diversity and provides humanitarian assistance to all people in need, regardless of origin, political or religious affiliation, gender or belief.
SIF is working in West Bank, Gaza Strip and Syria since 2008, in Lebanon since 2012, in Jordan since 2013 and in Iraq since 2016. In those 6 countries, SIF is currently implementing humanitarian projects in Food Security, WASH Child Protection and Shelter sectors as well as “seasonal projects”. Complementarily with its humanitarian intervention, SIF is developing advocacy strategies based on the humanitarian context.
Based in Amman, the Middle East Regional Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the POMA Desk Manager and in close cooperation with the Emergency Desk manager.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting Regional Coordinator (H/F) based in Amman.
The Middle East Regional Coordinator is responsible for providing SIF Heads of Mission (HoMs) invaluable insight and guidance on global-level strategy with the aim to improve public fundraising and advocacy approach at regional level.
- Represent SIF, coordinate and advocate on key issues with EU, UN agencies, bilateral donors and INGOs which are regionally based in Amman.
- Support funding strategies and donor mapping analysis, initiating innovating partnership between various SIF Middle East missions or /and, between SIF / Institutional Donors and Foundations.
- Watch SIF opportunities in terms of missions opening and regional extension.
- With prior approval of HQ and HoMs, position SIF voice on the humanitarian situation in the OPT and Syria crisis trough SIF influencing activities.
- Assessment on the potential elaboration of a SIF advocacy strategy for Syrian Crisis (within a low profile approach).
- Participate to regional conferences and forums.
Support of the Country Programme
- Propose a Middle-East consistent regional strategy, which bridges humanitarian, long-term, and advocacy interventions, match with donor’s strategy and contributes to SIF's global objectives.
- Make sure that all missions’ strategy in the area fit with the regional strategy.
- Support the Homs for the assessments and responses to changes in the external environment ensuring these changes are reflected in both missions and regional strategy.
- Fill short gap staff during vacancies or changes of HoMs.
Regional Program, Administration, logistic support management
- Assess and priorize the HoMs demands for “regional support” for the missions in the fields of Program, administration and logistic.
- Assessment of the relevance to organize SIF regional workshops for both expatriates and nationals staff.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing, communication, collaboration and team spirit within the different missions.
- Manage the regional team (3 expatriates: 1regional operational coordinator, 1regional administrative coordinator – 1 regional logistic coordinator)
- Supervise the administrative, financial and logistical aspect related to the regional office activities in compliance with SIF procedures.
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization.Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- Minimum 10 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director with INGOs in similar context.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Knowledge of Emergency response programs.
- Familiarity with the Middle East working context.
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French). Arabic speaking is a plus.
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work with different kind of partners
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values.
Being an association with limited means, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The employee may be affected to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
Starting date : ASAP
French fixed term contract “CDD d’usage”
Remuneration according to profile
Monthly Per diem
Housing 100% covered by SIF
Medical cover (60% cover by SIF and 40% covered by the expatriate)
R&R every at 3 and 9 month
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.