Recrutement d'un(e) Programme Associate GS6, Fixed Term - N'Djamena Chad
Tous les candidats qualifies de nationalité tchadienne, les candidatures féminines sont particulièrement invités à postuler.
Organizational Context and Purpose for the job
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Purpose for the job: Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization
Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds
Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
4. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
5. Support to implementation of HACT activities
- Participate in discussions, collection, analysis, verification and synthesis of HACT related documentation
- Prepare and update the micro assessment plan and corresponding HACT Assurance Plan for his/her section
- Undertake spot checks of implementing partners in accordance with Assurance Plan and ensures that follow-up actions are captured in office-wide tracking system.
- Report any suspicion of misuse of funds or fraud immediately following spot checks.
- Assist with maintenance of records of relevant HACT related documentation, including CO decisions related to HACT.
- Assist with recording and update of risk ratings of implementing partners in VISION through regular review of the Vendor Master and provision of information to relevant colleagues in the CO.
Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of the support provided by the programme assistant to the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the respective section, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
Competencies and level of proficiency required
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in French is required. Working knowledge of English and Arabic is an asset.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: N'Djamena (Chad)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2018-07-12