Evaluation Team Lead
Kathmandu (Nepal) | nepal
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek an Evaluation Team Lead for the upcoming Midterm Evaluation of USAID/Nepal's Nepal Seed and Fertilizer (NSAF) project, which facilitates sustainable increases in national crop productivity and works to improve economic welfare and household-level food security in 21 districts in Nepal. The purpose of this evaluation is to better understand the extent to which aspects of the NSAF's theory of change still hold, and to verify the performance of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) according to its agreement parameters. Findings from the evaluation will be used to strengthen current activities, plan for future activities, and provide evidence of good practices to the broader stakeholder network in Nepal.
- Provide leadership, technical guidance and strategic support to the evaluation team.
- Lead the process with other members of the team to draft and finalize the evaluation design, data collection instruments, data analysis plan, data collection plan, workplan, oral briefing(s), and report.
- Provide quality control and respond to technical input from CAMRIS for all evaluation deliverables.
- Steer effective communication with other team members, the AOR/CORs, relevant USAID/Nepal and Implementing Partner staff, and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with CAMRIS Kathmandu and HQ staff.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of all deliverables.
Present a PowerPoint (or similar) presentation on evaluation findings, conclusions, and recommendations to USAID/staff and implementing partners.
Extensive experience working on or implementing agriculture activities
A postgraduate degree in agricultural economics, economics, agribusiness, or a related field in social sciences, with at least 5 years of experience leading and/or evaluating agricultural market development activities for USAID or other donor agencies, preferably in Asia.
Experience leading evaluations and assessments for USAID, and familiarity with current USAID evaluation policy and guidance.
Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies with a background in statistics and evaluation methods. This experience should include development of research questions, and critically examining the validity of results frameworks and theories of change within the context that projects are operating within.
Experience in assessing the development of agricultural market systems in seed and/or fertilizer (or other agriculture inputs).
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; writing samples from recent evaluations or reports, and three professional references, will be requested.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZXNvbG9tYW4uMzY0MDcuMzgzMEBjYW1yaXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Kathmandu (Nepal) | nepal
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-30