The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate (RM) – Regulation & EIB Group Risk Department (REG) – EIB Group Capital & Reporting Division (C&R) - Capital Requirements Unit (CRU), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Associate) Risk Data Officer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid/end August.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As an (Associate) Risk Data Officer internally referred to as “Associate (Officer) Credit Risk Management”, you will work within a team responsible for the implementation of economic and regulatory capital requirements, expected loss, risk pricing and portfolio guarantee modelling. You will drive business analysis, data extraction and will assist users of several risk management applications. You will also contribute to application development by writing IT tickets, business specifications and projects charters and by testing IT deliveries.
You will report to the Head of Capital Requirements Unit and will closely cooperate with colleagues in the Risk Management Directorate and other Directorates, particularly IT and FI. To guarantee a robust delivery at the EIB Group level the role also requires a good interaction with colleagues at the EIF.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the quality and coherence of inputs for different credit risk management applications related to pricing and capital calculations
- Coordinate with IT on data requirements and interfaces both in terms of daily activities and development projects in the following areas: solution definition, business specifications and testing of the solutions
- Perform data analysis, data reconciliations for several risk management applications and propose and maintain data reports
- Provide data management support across the Unit ensuring consistency and maintenance of internal controls
- Work in close cooperation with colleagues within the Unit to follow the latest methodology changes (e.g. due to new regulatory requirements) and assess the data needs and impacts
- Keep track of developments in the EIB ’s systems and adapt the data extraction to ensure a smooth delivery
- Review existing workflows and propose improvements to data extraction, processes and procedures
- Prepare all the documentation related to the data analysis and extraction and ensure it is up to date
- University degree, preferably in mathematics, finance, economics, or computer science
- At least 3 years’ experience in data analysis with a focus on risk management applications
- Excellent Excel & SQL skills and experience in automation (e.g. VBA)
- Experience in usage of database tools (Access/SAS) would be an advantage
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Basel III/CRR and or credit risk quantification models would be beneficial
- Familiarity with COREP reports, Large Exposures framework, Stress Testing would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated independence when dealing with tasks and capacity to plan, organise and prioritise work in a heavy workload environment
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is a must and a good command of French(*) would be advantageous.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 20th July 2018
(*) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.