Malaria Technical Advisor
Washington D.C | United States (United States of America)
Job title: Malaria Technical Advisor
Department: Malaria Department
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to:Director, Malaria Department
Up to 30% international travel
Who we are
We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from malaria prevention and treatment to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from doctors, epidemiologists and professionals from the medical industry to marketers from the fast-moving consumer goods industry - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI is seeking an experienced, dynamic Malaria Technical Advisor to support the Malaria Department to deliver on PSI's rapidly expanding portfolio of malaria programs in over 30 countries, worldwide, accounting for more than a third of PSI's total business. PSI's new global strategy focuses on improving consumer powered healthcare through shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding and strengthening global capacity. For the Malaria Department this means moving quality malaria case management closer to consumers; bringing next generations LLINs to market; scaling response driven surveillance to accelerate malaria elimination progress and maximizing the control value of drug-based prevention interventions.
PSI is seeking an experienced, dynamic and innovation-driven Malaria Technical Advisor to sustain PSI's efforts to scale up its malaria programs globally, capture and share best practices, as well as provide technical support to specific country programs to ensure high quality of and measurable impact through their malaria programs.
- Provide technical support to PSI country offices in developing and executing high quality malaria programs, including SBC strategies.
- Help PSI country offices to raise funds for malaria programs in support of national strategies, including from the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria; USAID President's Malaria Initiative; the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; DFID and UNITAID.
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual and department level in planning, management, supervision and quality assurance for malaria services
- Contribute to Malaria SBC learning activities including documentation of activities through reports, presentations, and other means, and to dissemination of this knowledge as needed
- Produce and disseminate knowledge products and processes (toolkits, case studies, best practices, peer review publications, etc.) for national and international audiences to accelerate rapid transfer of best practices.
- Act as a technical focal point for malaria for all PSI global services and country offices.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrating Results: You have 5+ years track record demonstrating leadership generating tangible results in mobilizing resources for serving social needs in a developing country.
- A malariologist: You will have demonstrated knowledge on malaria control and proven experience in managing a malaria program
- Forging Partnerships: You can coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
- Flexible Change Agent: You are a proactive leader who catalyzes innovation by both leading and working through others.
- Organized: You have excellent time management and organizational skills in managing a varied workload, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
What would get us excited?
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, MBA, MSc, ME, etc.) or equivalent implementation experience.
- Sound technical knowledge of vector control and/or elimination policy context.
- Knowledge of the Malaria partnership landscape and familiarity with the international donor community.
- Experience in various aspects of malaria prevention and control, preferably in East Africa or West and Central Africa
- Demonstrated fundraising and external engagement skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French highly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C | United States (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-28