Institutional capacity development Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Propose the methodology and work plan for conducting needs assessments of the five core ministries;
- Review national FSN related policies and strategies, national development plans, and relevant sectoral policies and strategies that contribute and relate to the FSN institutional framework;
- Interview stakeholders to identify staff and institutional/organizational capacity development needs â technical expertise needs â as well as leadership needs and responsibilities at national and sub-national levels for mainstreaming FSN in sectoral and cross-sectoral policies to strengthen nutrition-sensitive programming for the agriculture, livestock and fisheries sectors;
- Assess training needs, based on the review of NFPCSP experiences and other initiatives and by drawing lessons and best practices from them, in order to identify staff capacity development and skill gaps as well as the type of training needed, leading to the preparation of a capacity development or training needs report;
- Identify the needs for monitoring FSN situations and trends as well as FSN-related policies, strategies and investment programmes in terms of FSN information/data supply and demand, content, reporting periodicity and analysis required in relation to evidence-informed decision-making;
- Review institutional roles of the planning/policy wings of the five core ministries based on how issues such as mandate, organogram, staffing, job descriptions, recruitment rules and outputs - e.g. sectoral analytical/information products and/or monitoring reports â influence the ability to address FSN; and
- Develop organizational development plans for the five core ministries, including capacity strengthening of the Bangladesh National Nutrition Council (BNNC), in order to improve capacity for multi-sectoral, nutrition-oriented policy planning, implementation and monitoring.CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWINGMinimum Requirements
- Advanced university degree (for Consultants) / University degree (only for PSA) in development studies, governance, management, organizational development, public administration or a related field
- At least ten years of relevant experience in management in the public or private sector, capacity development, organizational development or food security/policy analysis and research
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian (for Consultants).
- Working knowledge of English (for PSAs).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Prior relevance of experience in assessing institutional/organizational capacity development needs, technical expertise gaps, training needs, and FSN information and data needs
- Extent and relevance of experience in working and coordinating with multi-stakeholders â government, donors, civil society and the private sector, preferably in developing countries
- Previous working experience in Asia, preferably but not limited in Bangladesh, is an asset
- Experience in the United Nations or international organizations is an advantage
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Democratic Governance
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2018-07-23