The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD)- Information & Operations Division (IO) – Infrastructures Services (IS), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Technical Service Manager - Datacenter Services
This is a full-time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for September
Infrastructure Services already runs a state of the art datacentre and we are now looking at taking it further by implementing Software Defined Datacenter, streamline provisioning and management processes, rollout extensive automation and orchestration. Join us in setting it up and transform the way we do IT at the same time. We expect you to always keep abreast of the major progress in your field and innovate at all times.
As the Technical Service Manager for Datacentre Services, you will be responsible for the daily operations and delivery in conformity with the service catalogue for the following services: datarooms, datacentre hardware and software procurement, datacentre operations, virtualisation (vmware), backup and recovery, storage, server-side operating systems (RHEL, Windows, Oracle Solaris), infrastructure tools and databases (Oracle, SAP Sybase, MSQL and MySQL).
You will report to the Head of Unit of Infrastructure Services. You will cooperate with two other Service Managers – one responsible for the Monitoring, Scheduling and Automation of services and the other for Network and Unified Communication Services
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage teams of consultants which operate and maintain the datarooms, the server operating systems, the databases, the virtualisation platforms, the backup and recovery running on the EIB’s infrastructure
- Report on capacity metrics and maintaining a capacity plan. Recommending actions when appropriate
- Keep the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) up-to-date for Configuration Items (Cis) under your responsibility
- Cooperate with the security teams regarding hardware and software (related to datacentre services) vulnerabilities, keeping up to date on key vulnerabilities and risks, and addressing these with management if necessary;
- Act as Contract Manager for all framework contracts related to hardware/software procurement and support/maintenance renewal and ensure that all assets are under support;
- Help the EIB in keeping abreast of the latest developments by bringing external views on technologies and the evolution of good practice. Run and support various proof-of-concept initiatives and evaluation of new software and technologies
- University degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- ITIL Certification would be an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in the in IT Infrastructure and Datacentre services areas
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams and delivering IT Infrastructure and Datacentre services
- Experience designing and/or fixing infrastructure issues and providing first-class customer service
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of datacentre related technologies (compute, operating systems, virtualisation, backup and recovery, storage and database management)
- Deep understanding of IT infrastructure, IT applications, architecture, databases and orchestration/monitoring/automation tools.
- Extensive technological expertise in IT, in particular within the IT infrastructure landscape, but also within the software development life cycle.
- Understanding of procurement and service contracts, including procuring software, hardware and services in a public sector environment.
- Attention to detail in order to identify any early signs of potential huge impact issues for infrastructure and for its clients.
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French language skills and a good command of the other
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 31st July 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.