Humanitarian Advisor- Operations
As a Humanitarian Advisor (Operations) you are responsible for the operational support to Save the Children’s humanitarian programmes in selected contexts. You provide support to build humanitarian capacity in SCI responses through capacity building workshops and trainings and especially Emergency Preparedness Planning (EPP). You represent Save the Children Sweden (SCS) in the appropriate SCI humanitarian arenas, including different working groups. You participate in the development of new technical and methodological knowledge with a focus on innovation in the area of SCI and SCS humanitarian work in close collaboration SCS sections and departments as well as SCI and Global Initiatives.
You are also responsible for providing consistent operational and strategic support, so-called “backstopping”, to targeted country programs.
The Humanitarian Advisor will work as part of the Humanitarian Section and will report to the SCS’ Humanitarian Director.
In order to be successful in this role you'll bring
- University education within the humanitarian field, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of qualified, international experience of humanitarian field operations
- Good understanding of humanitarian work from an INGO perspective
- Experience of humanitarian work in volatile/insecure environments
- Knowledge of result based management RBM/ logical framework approach LFA frameworks
- Proposal writing and reporting skills including humanitarian technical quality assurance
- Ability to advocate and influence humanitarian operational procedures and humanitarian policy
- Ability to understand the implications for an organization that is operational in the humanitarian as well as the development context
- Understanding of financial budgeting and follow-up
- Fluency in English, good level of Swedish desirable
Post-graduate education in a related field and experience of child rights programming merit. On a personal level you'll share our values. You will also have strong leadership skills, a result oriented mindset, excellent problem solving skills and an innovative way of working.
This role is a temporary position between September 1st 2018 and March 15th 2019 at our head office in Sundbyberg, Sweden. Should you have any questions about this role, please contact Humanitarian Director, Eva Åhlén, email@example.com or Head of Surge, Sebastian Derle, Sebastian.firstname.lastname@example.org Please apply as soon as possible and no later than 27 July 2018. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for the position through the link https://system.webday.se/rb/rekrytera/cgi-shl/user_applicants.exe?internal=1
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Organization: Save the Children - Sweden
- Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Operations and Administrations
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-27