The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Technology (IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD)- Information & Operations Division (IO) – Identity and Access Management Unit (IAM) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Head of Identity and Access Management Unit
This is a full-time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of September
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) unit has a key role in managing a safe IT environment for our user, the EIB activities and EIB’s counterparts. Following the strategic direction set by EIB’s management, we are working in cooperation with Information Security and IT Security in strengthening even further our Security posture. Join us in innovating how we deliver our provisioning and control services in order to support this critical initiative. We expect you to always keep abreast of the major progress in your field and innovate at all times.
As the Head of Identity and Access Management Unit, you will be responsible for coordinating the activities of IAM administrators, make sure they have the right competencies, objectives and motivation in order to ensure successful IAM activities execution. You will also inspire change and improvements within the IAM scope of activities and initiate projects in the IAM domain.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure & Operations Division. You will work in direct contact with the other Heads of Units in the division (Infrastructure Solutions and Projects, Infrastructure Services, Processes, Clients Services).
- In cooperation with the IT Security officer and the Information Security officer, define and propose policies applicable to Identity and Access Management following industry standards to ensure that the overall IT strategy and policies meet the organisation’s business objectives
- Take ownership of Identity and Access Management improvement projects and act as a key driver to improve service delivery to IT and to the rest of the Bank
- Coordinate and evaluate strategic projects in own domain, in order to ensure a high quality of work. Manage project teams (external consultants) for the implementation of projects in own domain
- Identify needs and requirements from the business and other IT units and propose updates to the Identity and Access Management roadmap to follow long term IT objectives. This includes identifying specific Identity and Access Management requirements for concrete projects and delivery of work packages as part of those projects
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with applications’ Business Owners and dedicatedly monitor their validation of access rights for applications under their responsibility
- Manage and develop staff members in the Identity and Access Management Unit, in collaboration with the Head of Division, in order to achieve the strategic objectives and implement the work programme of the Directorate
- Lead change management in the organisation during implementation of service and process changes
- Manage or participate in special initiatives that go beyond the strict boundaries of own domain and that have a specific scope and timing, in order to ensure the realisation of the initiative within the set scope, time and budget
- Remain up to date with major technological progress and find opportunities for optimisation and improvement
- University degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- ITIL Certification would be an advantage
- Project Management Certification - either Prince 2 or PMP/PMI would be considered an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of cumulative relevant experience in managing IT Identity and Access Management services, including at least 3 years’ experience in leading successfully multi-functional teams
- Management experience or demonstrable ability to manage a multicultural team
- Strong system administration experience along with knowledge of management and support of information security & system access infrastructure
- Good understanding of security related to access control, web application and operations
- Demonstrable experience in business analysis
- Proven experience in program/project management and a good knowledge of principles, methods and practices
- Understanding of procurement and service contracts in a public sector environment
- Good transversal technical knowledge in order to be able to cooperate with all other IT delivery teams
- Knowledge of “lean” process improvement methodologies would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of business process modelling tools would be an advantage
- Understanding of how the Bank operates and is organised would be an asset
- Attention to detail in order to identify any early signs of potential huge impact issues for infrastructure and for its clients
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French language skills and a good command of the other
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights.
Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 17th July 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.