UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE IN SOMALIA
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 01 AUGUST 2018
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 03 JULY 2018
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
DURATION OF CONTRACT: ONE (01) YEAR FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: UNSOS/TPT/033/2018
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred to take up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
This position is located in Transport Section, Mogadishu. The incumbent will report to the Transport Unit Supervisor.
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares Service Entry Sheets and other actions within UMOJA and obtains the funding certifications.
- Liaises with relevant divisions/departments (e.g. procurement, accounting) with respect to verification and processing of invoices once jobs are completed
- Maintains contact with relevant mission staff with respect to provision, co-ordination, monitoring and status of transport services.
- Prepares requisitions and enters applicable systems data to initiate requisition process.
- Follow-up and provides updates of ongoing logistics operations and planning as well as requisition status on a regular basis.
- Assists staff within the Unit with respect to relevant procedures and practices.
- Monitors insurance coverage of UN fleet.
- Assist in coordinating the maintenance and repair of UN-owned vehicles in accordance with the mission’s repair and maintenance policies.
- Enters and updates information in the Electronic Vehicle Monitoring System (EVMS), and assists with generation of relevant status reports.
- Conducts vehicle inspections and identifies reasons for technical faults, interacts with vehicles maintenance vendors on solving problem before sending to vendor with request.
- Raise work-orders in the electronic system and send maintenance and repair jobs to vendors.
- Ensure quality control/assurance of vehicles after job is completed by inspection and testing.
- Coordinates the reception and return of faulty vehicles from/to clients.
- Coordinates vehicle recovery activities if vehicle is broken or immobile.
- Performs other duties as required.
Professionalism: Ability to analyse the tactical elements of vehicular support to clients; Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; Adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: At least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience of practical field logistics operations or related area.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of local language is desirable.
Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline July 31, 2018 not be accepted. Curriculum Vitae (CV) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Kindly attach a copy of P11, High School Certificate, Passport and or National Identification Card. These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibility. Please note CID and NISA Certificates are required at a later stage of the recruitment process.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
- Organization: UNSOS - United Nations Support Office in Somalia
- Location: Mogadishu (Somalia)
- Grade: GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-01